Need some more gravel

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly

Trying to find more of this gravel. I am thinking #5 something but cant remember where I got this last load; its been a few years.
I just remember it was delivered, was cheap, and was perfect.....anyone know who I get a small load of this from? I am thinking I only need maybe a 1/4 to 1/2, yard, but I am not putting it in the back of my truck:biggrin2:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Do u have a trailer to put it on. For that small amount maybe cheaper.

DrK

Salt and pepper rocks. They sell them at lowes or home depot in 0.5 cu bags. Might be cheaper wholesale though

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Thanks guys......I dont have a trailer cept the one thats got a little bass boat on it. Any place closer to Woodstock/Acworth than Hiram? Thats a pretty good hike for a few rocks. I may check out the Waterproofing guys. It was bulk I used last time and I remember it being cheap......now I know what I am looking for and thats a YUUUUGE help. Sorry, couldn't help myself and I hope someday that thing in my head goes away:rofl:

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Try Pop's Landscaping off of Shallowford and Canton Hwy in Marietta.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
bfriendly,

I recognized the stone as # 57 as well as others here. My best friend worked in the Quarry/Asphalt industry here in Augusta for close to 45 years and I spent a lot of time on the weekends at their plant as well.

I saw that there were some quarry locations up in your area and some of them might sell you a small amount of stone if you have a trailer to haul it yourself, particularly on a Saturday morning for cash. It worked here in Augusta back many years ago and saved a lot of money in the process for smaller amounts such as what you might need.

Also, after googling, I see another business that if I was you and knowing that I didn't need very much of the #57 stone, I would call this business and I think that they could probably help you without breaking the bank ......BUT I don't know anybody that works at this company below. They also might be able to give you some guidance and hopefully save you money even if they can't help you directly.

Obviously, this would be very close to you.

Bobcat Works
4990 Ragsdale Rd NW
Acworth, GA 30101
(678) 449-8772
Payment Methods:
CHECK, CASH

Categories: Grading Contractors - Trucking-Light Hauling - Sand & Gravel - Topsoil - Mulches
More Info

Duckhawk05

That is #57's

Call the local quarry and tell them what you want. They will handle the rest, they have trucks contracted out daily for

GA native

There is a landscape supply down there at McCollum and old 41. I'm not sure they would fiddle around with delivering 1/2 a yard. But they might have a pet contractor there they could refer you too.

Bulk would definitely be cheaper. 1/2 yard is like $15. You could just go to Uhaul, down the street, and rent a truck.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Thanks again guys, after searching for the #57 on line, I called Green Bros. right over off Bells Ferry in Woodstock and got 3 tons(Minimum Del) delivered right where I needed it for $132.50 of which$35 was the delivery. I could have got it cheaper for sure if I had a trailer, but I am still very happy and its a perfect match........I willl need some Bobcat work next.
Anyone got a loaner Bobcat I can rent from them for a weekend?