Fish finder for float tube

Cadillyak

Looking for a fish finder for my tube. Nothing over 5" for convienece sake. Possibly the hook from lowrance or the helix. Any suggestions? I already have the floattubefinatics battery and mount.... I tried the dragonfly but the transducer was massive. Wish I never sold my hds 5.

shakey gizzard

For me, the river is usually to swift or the farm ponds are too shallow for a portable finder . I wouldn't recommend fishing for stripers in 100 ft of water in yer bellyboat!:)

Cadillyak

No difference in fishing in 100 ft or 10 ft. I still can't touch the bottom. I'm not looking for portable per say, looking for a good head unit. I used to fish San Diego in 85ft+ for sharks and halibut. I'm looking mainly for structure and depth. I do appreciate the feedback. I'm primarily fishing Lanier. I've gotten 80lb bat rays and 50lb sharks. I should be ok. I may not be able to chase them but if they end up under/near me it's game on.

cophunter308

I have the Hummingbird Helix 5 and I love it. There's a post in this fishing section where Walmart has been running a heck of a deal for the Helix G2 CHIRP with GPS, Down Imaging and regular sonar. It comes with free 2 day shipping for under $200. Regular price is $350 to $400 depending on where you go.

shakey gizzard

No difference in fishing in 100 ft or 10 ft. I still can't touch the bottom. I'm not looking for portable per say, looking for a good head unit. I used to fish San Diego in 85ft+ for sharks and halibut. I'm looking mainly for structure and depth. I do appreciate the feedback. I'm primarily fishing Lanier. I've gotten 80lb bat rays and 50lb sharks. I should be ok. I may not be able to chase them but if they end up under/near me it's game on.

More power to ya!:cheers: I live on Lanier and think you'd get runt over!;)

fishingchamp

Get a Deeper cost less and is good CensoredCensoredCensored the 3-4 hundred dollar sonars. Im sponserd by the company I can pm you some screenshots

Coenen

Get a Deeper cost less and is good CensoredCensoredCensored the 3-4 hundred dollar sonars. Im sponserd by the company I can pm you some screenshots
Post 'em up. I'd like to see what sort of images that thing puts out.

BluFish

If you're Toobin.....theres really One Good Choice. Get the Humminbird Fishin Buddy with DI. I used one for many productive years. It's pretty cool to "see" the fish below you ....and drop straight down into them. Also.....Just as important on a Tube.....Battery, Head Unit and Transducer ....all in One Compact package. They work Great....and they even sell a "holster" for hanging it on a Tube.

scottpriest

If you decide on a hook, I have a lowrance hook4 with DI that came on my tracker boat I bought new in February of this year. I took it off the day I bought the boat to put a bigger Hook9 on. it is sitting in my garage. I'll sale it for 100.00 dollars if interested.

Cadillyak

Easy enough. Once again I'm doing this on my phone so the orientation is terrible. But I have 2 Scotty rod holders and all the extras.

Attachments

• IMG_0430.jpg
    IMG_0430.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_5101.jpg
    IMG_5101.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_5105.jpg
    IMG_5105.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_1360.jpg
    IMG_1360.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 203

CDW

Ok that's pretty cool. Quite different from what I've always pictured when reading your post lol
41r9AS6ak-L.jpg

Cadillyak

Takes some getting used to but overall it's cheap, puts you where the fish are, off of shore, and gets you some exercise. I have an extra if anyone is curious.

fishingchamp

Here are a few screenshots from my deeper Cost less and does a great job for me when Im working the banks or the john!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170703-141618.jpg
    Screenshot_20170703-141618.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 162
  • Screenshot_20170703-141609.png
    Screenshot_20170703-141609.png
    604.5 KB · Views: 159
  • Screenshot_20170703-141545.png
    Screenshot_20170703-141545.png
    641.3 KB · Views: 161

Teh Wicked

Garmin makes a portable unit, I really like the new Garmin stuff, those guys have really stepped up their sonar game the past couple years.

I have a Raymarine Dragonfly on my Kayak and its wonderful, but it wouldn't be a good float tube unit, the transducer is really long and I suspect it would be snagged on everything

EDIT: Just seen where you already got the Fish Finder Mount deal....I would suggest going to Bass pro or West Marine, or a place that has unit ont he wall with the display on. And then pick which one you like the best. Some prefer the Lowrance sonar, some like Humminbird, some like Raymarine. THey all do a great job.

NGPhoenix

+1 on the Garmin. I have the Garmin Striker 4 DV and I made it portable and have used it on my kayaks, and two different bass boats. It works great, easy to use, and so far, holds up well moving it around. It's under $200. They make one without the CHIRP for around $100, but I'd spend the extra for CHIRP dual frequency and down view (Garmin's version of clear view).