Summer plot time

Mikeg135

Neighbor and I put out 1200lbs of lime and a pea, soy bean, and sunn hemp blend yesterday.

It was also the first real test for me with my new Firminator.

Attachments

• IMG_0965.JPG
    IMG_0965.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 754
  • IMG_0964.JPG
    IMG_0964.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 747
  • IMG_0963.JPG
    IMG_0963.JPG
    186.3 KB · Views: 748
  • IMG_0962.JPG
    IMG_0962.JPG
    200.1 KB · Views: 751

Forest Grump

What's going into the field? (Pic 2, Right side)

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
Looks good!!

Triple C

Mike...From what I can see in the pics it looks really good. We use a Plotmaster and the result behind the implement looks almost identical. Seed drops down in furrows and then cultipacked. Look forward to seeing the field in a couple of weeks after seed comes up.

Mikeg135

Thanks guys. I will head back down in a couple weeks and post pics of what comes up. We timed the rain just right.

I only one issue with the firminator. It doesn't like cultipacking in very sandy soil. The farmer disc up a few areas and in a few areas it was like walking on a sand dune at the beach. Really wish I had the 16" cultipackers vs the 9".

Ihunt

Just hasn't been planted yet. Farmer plans on putting in peanuts this year after 5 years of cotton.

I'm understand the "need" to plant but if the farmer is putting in Peanuts why did you plants summer food?

I understand planting is addictive but have you ever witnessed what deer do to the tops of green peanuts? There will be browse marks over the entire field.

Mikeg135

I'm understand the "need" to plant but if the farmer is putting in Peanuts why did you plants summer food?

I understand planting is addictive but have you ever witnessed what deer do to the tops of green peanuts? There will be browse marks over the entire field.

We hope the beans will be available after the peanuts are gone plus we need to build up the soil with some nitrogen and compost. We also planned it out to leave half the plot area for a fall blend of brassicas and cereal grains. Trying to give the deer something year round to browse.

Plus, it was good to just get out.

Jim Boyd

Looks awesome!!!

Half of what I have is worn out or too ugly to photo - yours looks great!

Mikeg135

Sunn hemp, peas and soybeans

Planted early April. Been browsed hard till the peanuts started coming up

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 278
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 276