Dude put on a grillin' clinic yesterday....

Dub

Haters gonna hate, Dub! Great looking grub!!!!! It is a rare occurrence here in Da Cafe, but evil dimwits do show up now and then. Don't let'm under your skin brother. Just keep on postin up that fine grub!!!!!!!!:cheers:

Thanks. You are right....there will occasionally be a couple. I can only remember 3 that I've encountered in 12+ years here. Pretty good odds there, I suppose. :biggrin2:

Thats some fine looking eats. I've been wanting to try some different rubs on my wings. I'll go back and look at what he used and see if I can find it. Tell that feller if he needs any new friends to call me!

I'm done with any conversations with him/her/whatever it is.

The rub he used is called Smoke Stack. It's become his favorite wing rub. I've been through a couple bottles and agree it's mighty good. Savory, no heat. I like it a great deal, but I tend to prefer a combination of Rec-Tec's Greek rub & Plowboy's Yardbird.

Smoke Stack:

https://www.gentrysbbq.com/product-page/smoke-stack-bbq-rub

Cool story about his bbq company. I grew up in the same area and find it cool to see a local fella being successful in a growing market.

https://www.gentrysbbq.com/about

Plowboy's Yardbird & Rec-Tec Greek:

Available at Academy Sports:

https://www.atbbq.com/plowboys-bbq-yardbird-competition-bbq-rub.html

http://www.plowboysbbq.com/history/

Greek rub from Rec-Tec grills, looks like it's changed since I bought this bottle. Looking forward to trying some of their new flavors:

http://www.rectecgrills.com/coldens-freakin-greek-rub/

WELL, I'm standing with Dub! I don't have to be a moderator to moderate on my own! I have seen and know exactly where Dub is coming from. If you don't like what you see or read, just don't post. You won't find me in the atheist forum but I respect their beliefs! Well said NCH also!

Thanks, man. This place has been a super resource over the years. Great ideas shared and much coaching up in evidence all over the place. Really stands out when you get the occasional rude poster.

It's all good. Great eats will continue to be posted by those that enjoy the effort and fun of making stuff for their families.

What a spread! I used to wanna be a taste tester for a good beer brewery, thought about being a boat test pilot. Now, I know I want to be a bbq contest writer, critic, blogger, afficianado sampler, taste tester or something!!

:rofl:

We always do.

:cool:

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Everybody gets along......

.....until somebody boils they ribs. :bounce:

To the OP, all that food looks amazing! I have never tried a pork belly, after reading through I may have to give it a shot next time I crank up the smoker.

Big7

The Oracle
No, it all looks good. But many posts in this forum look horrible. Just an opinion. Nothing more.

Maybe just me?

I've never "knocked" anyone's cooks.

Sometimes I interject that some stuff may
be to pepper hot for ME. That is just my
take because I don't like painfully hot food.

What may "look horrible" to you, might give someone
else an idea they have been looking for.

I'm not to wild about cinnamon. Matter of fact, I hate it.
If I want to do an Outdoor Cafe recipe that has been posted,
I go by the recipe and leave the cinnamon out.

Don't think I've criticized anyone on this part of the forums yet.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Dub. You made me slobber all over myself. Looks incredible. Why aint I got a friend like this?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
WELL, I'm standing with Dub! I don't have to be a moderator to moderate on my own! I have seen and know exactly where Dub is coming from. If you don't like what you see or read, just don't post. You won't find me in the atheist forum but I respect their beliefs! Well said NCH also!

If Dub posted it in here you know it was slap you to sleep good. If you don't know that...............:rolleyes:

Dub

Maybe just me?

I've never "knocked" anyone's cooks.

Sometimes I interject that some stuff may
be to pepper hot for ME. That is just my
take because I don't like painfully hot food.

What may "look horrible" to you, might give someone
else an idea they have been looking for.

I'm not to wild about cinnamon. Matter of fact, I hate it.
If I want to do an Outdoor Cafe recipe that has been posted,
I go by the recipe and leave the cinnamon out.

Don't think I've criticized anyone on this part of the forums yet.

That's been a great strategy.

My son is the same way about cilantro. He can't stand it.

I'm that way with liver, squirrel, rabbit and similar. I just keep my mouth shut and work around my aversions.

Dub. You made me slobber all over myself. Looks incredible. Why aint I got a friend like this?

Thanks, man. He really has helped me a lot with my pulled pork & ribs.

If Dub posted it in here you know it was slap you to sleep good. If you don't know that...............:rolleyes:

Thanks, Elfiii.

Just a dude who really enjoys cooking up grub for the family.

Triple C

Dub...This is one of my favorite stops on the forum and thanks in large part to guys like you! No drama...just fine eats. I don't post a lot in here but I sure do enjoy reading all the fine grub that folks like you keep posting up! Hats off to you for taking the time to post so many great cooks on here. This one was off the charts good!!!

Dub

Dub...This is one of my favorite stops on the forum and thanks in large part to guys like you! No drama...just fine eats. I don't post a lot in here but I sure do enjoy reading all the fine grub that folks like you keep posting up! Hats off to you for taking the time to post so many great cooks on here. This one was off the charts good!!!

Thanks, man.

My buddy showed out for sure. It's what he does. He's all about great bbq. Attended several seminars and had might good experiences in his competitions and learned a lot.

Glad he'll throw me a bone every now and again.

I'll take all the tips I can get.

Seeing your posts from God's Country is always a great sight to behold. Keep on posting them, please. Rock that Traeger !!!!!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That's been a great strategy.

My son is the same way about cilantro. He can't stand it.

I'm that way with liver, squirrel, rabbit and similar. I just keep my mouth shut and work around my aversions.

Thanks, Elfiii.

Just a dude who really enjoys cooking up grub for the family.

I can't stand beans, sauerkraut, macaroni, peas, liver, or niblet corn. When I see posts with those, I sometimes ::ke: at y'all, but I don't hate on it in a serious manner. :)

BTW, you have a lucky family. You are a heckuva cook, dude. :cheers:

Dub

I can't stand beans, sauerkraut, macaroni, peas, liver, or niblet corn. When I see posts with those, I sometimes ::ke: at y'all, but I don't hate on it in a serious manner. :)

BTW, you have a lucky family. You are a heckuva cook, dude. :cheers:

Thanks, brother....you are a big part in my cooking coming along over these years. My family owes you a big thanks. :cheers:

You've been throwing down cravings for the longest, NCHB. :banana:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Continue doing what you do, Dub. It`s much appreciated. :cheers:

Nice banner under your name. ;)

Dub

Continue doing what you do, Dub. It`s much appreciated. :cheers:

Nice banner under your name. ;)

Thanks man.

I noticed that the other day. Not sure how it got there and I don't know how to change it.

It should read.....Average dude blessed with the love of a good woman, fine son and two cool dogs.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, brother....you are a big part in my cooking coming along over these years. My family owes you a big thanks. :cheers:

You've been throwing down cravings for the longest, NCHB. :banana:

Same back atcha, brother. :cheers:

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Wow Dub !

work2play2

Banned again & will band again soon
Well..... this griller makes me jealous. Wish I had friends to come over and the know how to do all that. Glad you had a good time there

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Dang, what a thread....never thought I'd see one like it here in the Cafe.

Dub, that bud of yours flat threw down, not unlike yourself many times here.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Man after my own heart....a whole cabinet full of Q rubs!

Quite the event. Thanks for sharing.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
If any of that don't look fit to eat to you, then I reckon you need to show us how it's done? I don't blow smoke either, if I say something looks good, it does. If I don't think so, I probably ain't gonna say anything. Maybe you should think about that. This isn't the section of the forum to go complaining and arguing with folks and such. Keep that mess in the duck and politicians and deers and religious forums. Paymaster's Cafe is a neutral zone. Word to the wise.

Some of the friendliest, most generous folks are on this forum. Can't say I've ever seen a unkind word until now.

I've learned more than I can recall on here !!! :D

Moonbro and I talked 2-3 a week, anytime I was cooking/grilling/frying/smoking he was my go to guy !! (RIP brother)

For some reason I can't post pics anymore, doesn't matter, everyone I took looked like I was in the middle of a earthquack . . :bounce:

I'd love to share a campfire, a BLD, and some cookin with these boys !!

turkeykirk

There was a crew of guys cutting down trees downwind of our spot. I know they were smelling it. Guy in the bucket lift waved at us at one point. Poor fellas....probably hated seeing us tossing back suds and being carnivores. :rofl:

Good looking eats. If I was on that tree crew I might have been at the gate begging for food!:biggrin2:

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Dub, my mighty fine clinic you guys got going on there!

Don't worry about the haters! The ones that hate the most are the ones that eat TV dinners 3 to 4 times a week!