12-26-07

capt stan

Well after a few days of hunting my favorite spots and seeing nothing and I mean nothing I decided to roll the dice on a spot I had been thinking about but never hunted. This spot gets driven bye a BUNCH of folks who never think about checking this spot out.

I parked and waited for just about Daylight and eased on in. I looked at the map and saw a junction of two creeks and that was my target area. I found it a short while later just as you could see with out lights to get thru the woods. Found a big ol' Cypress tree and up I go. A few min later I'm trimming some limbs out of the way so I can see and I notice a deer moving in the bottom about 100 yds out. By the time I got my rifle up and looking it was gone. In the brush. As it got lighter in the day I realized I could have seen it for a long ways had it been lighter out.

About 08:20 I could hear some grunting and noticed bits of movement thru the thicket about 125 yds out. Hogs...... After playing cat and mouse with glimpses... one finally stepped out at about 85 yds and I could just get the scope on it......slipped off the safety ....BOOM. I worked the bolt waiting on another to give me a look but no luck. They went deeper into the thicket. Then I could hear my hog splashing and thrashing in the water....she was down.

Good part was I was CLOSE to the truck for a change...BAD part was the hog went into the worst thicket you could imagine. I worked to get into find her and I gotta tell ya it was ROUGH trying to get her out!

Anyway good hog For the smoker, Lots of Fat under her hide and real good looking meat! The.270 busted her right thru the energy plant and exited without ruining any meat!! GOOD DAY AT CAMP SWAMPY!!!

12-26-07.jpg

Public Land Prowler

Take note buckbacks...This is why Stan is my hero!Good job Stan..By the way Kieth wants some sausage for spooking those hogs this morning with the dump truck..lol

capt stan

Thanks guys she'll be a good eater!

PLP,Tell keith next time to slow down a little on the bumps. I never saw a big ol Dump truck airborne before:bounce:

I think what scared the hogs was the noise I heard. It sounded like his head hitting the roof of the truck when he hit the bumps:rofl::rofl:

capt stan

LOL..OK maybe we can drive some more by in the morning...

Dude..If you can drive some by me in the morning YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!....................

I'm gonna be about 25 miles off shore bottom bumping for SeaBass!!! (if the seas hold):bounce:

On another note...... Is doing hog/ deer drives with dump trucks leagle???:huh:

maybe you should do a poll on it:bounce::bounce:

Public Land Prowler

Dude..If you can drive some by me in the morning YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!....................

I'm gonna be about 25 miles off shore bottom bumping for SeaBass!!! (if the seas hold):bounce:

On another note...... Is doing hog/ deer drives with dump trucks leagle???:huh:

maybe you should do a poll on it:bounce::bounce:
I'm sure it's not ethical..:biggrin2: Yeah forgot about the fishing trip..we'll still be there friday..lol

Rabbit Hunter 101

Nice pig. Bet your neighbors really love having a skinned pig hanging behind the house lol.

Robk

headed to my honey hole in the morning. hoping the pigs are in the area that tore up the creek bottom last time I was there.

Rob

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
Very nice hog you got there capt stan.I like those big sows for the grill and smoker!Congratulations!!

capt stan

Nice pig. Bet your neighbors really love having a skinned pig hanging behind the house lol.

As long as I don't leave the leftover pieces laying aroundfor a few days it's ok:rofl:

Actually they do. I normally hook the old guy up with fish deer and hog as he's to old to go hunting/fishing anymore. He always comes out and chats with me as I'm "working"

It's funny how I draw a crowd by the neighbor hood kids and some times adults. I always hear the same things. "I never saw that before, So thats how it's done, Gross," It's ashame how many younger folks don't get in the woods and learn what "hunters" do. They are pretty interested and willing to learn/watch. Maybe one day I'll encourage one to try it:cool: