FULL for 2015-712 acres, Sth Wst Indiana 2015 - IL/IN border DEER Hunt Wabash River.

167WhiteTAIL

Looking for 3 or 4 Muzz and/ or bow Hunters (late season bow+muzz loader, after Thanksgiving until the end of the season). Very nice fully furnished house included (heated, full kitchen with nice appliances, full bath, etc.).
>>See Pics Below<<

Muzz season is December 5 to 20, 2015. Gibson County, west of Evansville IN. Grayville IL is just across the river. If you want to bow hunt outside of these dates, just let me know.

Property is loaded with deer. Booners are killed in this area every year. Illinois is a bow shot across the river.

The property is 90% wooded, gas line type lanes are cut through the middle of some of the woods, power line in the middle of thickets, food plots on the lanes and power line, unlimited spots to hunt, oil pump roads on property make it very, very easy to hunt.

Our block of woods are bordered by Wabash river on west side, crops on east.

Over the counter tags. It is a killer spot to hunt.

The property is beautiful. I had several hunts where I saw 25 to 50 deer in a day. I let numerous 140ish bucks walk. I was looking for a Booner class buck (look at my avatar pic, my standards are high), I didn't see him in the few days that I hunted here, but they are there.

Looking for 3 or 4 guys, $6,000.

PM me if interested.

Last edited:

167WhiteTAIL

A few pics from last year. We found this skull, the live deer pics are a few I was able to get with my camera, and the kill is my friend after a 2 hour sit.

Attachments

• Big Buck Found.jpg
    Big Buck Found.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 2,819
  • Big Buck Found 2.jpg
    Big Buck Found 2.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 2,840
  • Let Walk 3.jpg
    Let Walk 3.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 2,819
  • Let Walk.jpg
    Let Walk.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 2,830
  • Mike Buck.png
    Mike Buck.png
    938.5 KB · Views: 2,895
  • Let Walk 2.png
    Let Walk 2.png
    1,021.6 KB · Views: 2,884

167WhiteTAIL

A few pics of the house. I am not sure how the crappie fishing is in December on this slough, but it is suppose to be loaded, and there is a boat. The back deck is over the water...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-28-00-53-16.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-28-00-53-16.png
    1,014.8 KB · Views: 2,867
  • Screenshot_2015-02-28-00-53-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-28-00-53-47.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 2,769
  • Screenshot_2015-02-28-00-53-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-28-00-53-57.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 2,764
  • Screenshot_2015-02-28-00-54-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-28-00-54-54.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 2,771
  • Screenshot_2015-02-28-00-55-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-28-00-55-09.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 2,750
Last edited:

southerndraw

Nice buck mike...man wish I had the time slot available. "BIG BUCK" country for sure.

167WhiteTAIL

Racne56 - good question. Below is an answer to your question, and answers to other random questions people have asked.

No one else will be hunting while you are there. The house and the land will be yours.

>How much pressure will the land have before muzz season?
I have 3 friends hunting early season. We all have other places/ states to hunt (and no one is local). One of my guys has enough pref points for Iowa, so he will hunt IN very little, myself and my friend in the pic above hunt KY, IL and KS, so we will also spread our early season. My 3rd friend also hunts in KY and IL. 99.9% of our hunting will end before Thanksgiving, so the property will be idol prior to the Muzz season. None of us will be hunting muzz loader.

> Is there a size limit on bucks taken?
My philosophy is a little different than most. I want our hunters to take a mature buck, 4 years or older.

Killing a 2 or 3 year old 130 or 40 inch 10 pointer is NOT acceptable. If he has the body that looks like an overstuffed Twinkie, I do not care what size his rack is, if you want to take him, I will shake your hand for doing so!!

We are trying to manage to grow monster bucks. Let me repeat, WE ARE TRYING TO MANAGE TO GROW MONSTER BUCKS!!!! Killing young future super studs is not what we are looking for.

>Are you supplemental feeding?
Obviously this is a time intensive project. I have found a local company that makes protein tubs for deer that will last longer than free feeding. We are loading the property with minerals and protein tubs. If this can put 10/20 inches on the bucks, it will be well worth it.

>Are you an outfitter?
NO!!! Once I receive payment for these muzz spots, our lease will be complete. Obviously if we could pay the lease ourselves, we would. This is not for profit. If it were for profit, I would have 4 muzz spots available as the land could handle 4 guns.

These three muzz spots will complete our lease, no other hunters will be added to the lease.

>How do you know the property is not being hunted while you are not there?
The gentleman I lease the property from is local. He is a long time friend and can help with stand placement, deer retrieval if needed. He patrols the property to make sure no one is hunting while we are not there.

>Is the property posted?
The property is posted. I hunted part of bow and part of shot gun last year and I had 0 run ins with trespassers.

>What about scouting?
You will have availability to scout if you wish before August, no scouting after August 1.

You can also scout after Thanksgiving if you wish.

>Stands?
You can hunt any stands on the property or bring your own. This property is very climber/ tent blind friendly. It can be easily hunted from the ground or from a tree.

If there are any other questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited:

MarkSullins

If you can call me tomorrow about your lease. One I'd like to know how much property you have to hunt and two I myself am like you we hunt Kansas, Illinois and Ga. so maybe it will be a good fit for both of us if we can work out a long term agreement. 770-846-4900 sullinsent@bellsouth.net

Chas

Good Luck

Man wish I would have seen this before I leased land in Kentucky! looks like an awesome place, get in touch with me next year if you need a couple.

167WhiteTAIL

Kevin - we are trying to get additional land in this area, so maybe.

That being said, there is still plenty of bow hunting after Thanksgiving. Last year, they were still rutting hard up to the middle of December.

167WhiteTAIL

Very good doe/ buck population. Last year was my first year hunting the property, it was outstanding.

When I hunted an area where I could see further than I could shoot, I would see 20 to 50 deer per sit.

When I sat in a tight area, it was more like 10 to 20, if my memory is right, I saw good bucks if not every sit, just about every sit.

kevincox

Kevin - we are trying to get additional land in this area, so maybe.

That being said, there is still plenty of bow hunting after Thanksgiving. Last year, they were still rutting hard up to the middle of December.

They tend to rut into Dec on place we hunt in NW part of state also. I just prefer hunting that first early rut.

Greggselk

Nice but I hunt Indiana every year the first 2 weeks before shotgun season for the last 25 years so I know when the rut is would not be bad if you could hunt then during the muzzle loading season they are yarded up on cut fields

167WhiteTAIL

2 guys hunted muzz season last year on this IN ground, they both tagged out. They said the bucks were still chasing.

I am guessing because there are so many deer, the 2nd rut is pretty strong here. In IL when I hunt the second SG season, I have killed and seen some of my biggest bucks in December. A lot of it, as with anytime of the year, depends on the weather.

For me, the best time to kill the super studs is before and after the main November rut. The November rut is fun to hunt because there are so many deer moving, bucks and does (mostly 1, 2 and 3 year old bucks). In this area, a 3 year old can easily be 140 inches, who doesn't like to see 130 and 140 inch bucks running around??

The 5+ year old bucks do not waste a lot of energy chasing like the sub bucks. Most of the time, the does find them. When you see bucks chasing does, it is for no other reason than that doe does not want that buck to breed her. Otherwise, she would stand still for him. It is survival of the fittest. It is the doe chooses who breeds her.

I have killed some nice bucks in mid November, but I have taken my biggest in October and in December. I have never killed a giant in mid November (and I have logged more hours in a tree than your average hunter).

I have seen giants sitting/ breeding with a doe in November, as close as 60/70 yards away, all day long. But he keeps her hemmed up. They do not usually move that much when they are in love with each other.