Ft Benning requires Gun Registration

Teufelshund

Yep, its true, had to fill out a form with all my stats and the info on the rifles I intend to bring on base for hunting purposes. Take it by the Provost Marshall's office, get it stamped and a copy must be on your person when you're in the woods.:eek:

Teufelshund

It's form 190-11-R version Oct 2012http://www.benning.army.mil/garrison/dpw/EMD/content/PDF/FB%20(DES)%20Form%20190-11-R.pdf

The mtn man

UGHH!!!!! Hate that for ya, You can thank, the libs, and the jihad!

sgtstinky

Good luck with Benning, I love that place but the number of new hunters and areas now used for training have really changed the quality of the hunt.

jimmy2sticks

It's like that on all military installations, and as much as i'd like to blame the libtards this one's not their fault

swampstalker24

It's like that on all military installations, and as much as i'd like to blame the libtards this one's not their fault

Not here at Gordon, only active duty have to registar weapons that they plan on bringing onto post. But everyone else who hunts has to get the NCIC background check.

HandgunHTR

Steelringin' Mod

Yep.

It is how they distinguish between the "He/She is just here to enjoy the Federally funded wildlife refuge hunting" crowd and the "He/She is here to see how many Crusaders they can kill for Allah" crowd.

lbzdually

Banned
Yep.

It is how they distinguish between the "He/She is just here to enjoy the Federally funded wildlife refuge hunting" crowd and the "He/She is here to see how many Crusaders they can kill for Allah" crowd.

Do you honestly think the Jihad guy is just going to admit they have a gun they plan on using to kill others? Fort hood had a no gun policy and it was easy pickens for the Muslim since all the honest people followed the gun policy. A gun free zone is a killing zone, it's been proven time and time again.

BMCS

Not here at Gordon, only active duty have to registar weapons that they plan on bringing onto post. But everyone else who hunts has to get the NCIC background check.

Don't make sense to me that DOD, Retiree's (That's Me :banana:) and Civilians do not have to list weapons on the form. But Active Duty does. :huh:

It did make it easier the other day when my vehicle was to be searched, I just showed them my NCIC background check form and they sent me on my way. They didn't search anything.

I thought it was pretty interesting this morning. +/- 2000 Navy Personnel on a huge Army base and they were manning the gate due to the furloughs.

Brought a smile to my face when the Young Petty Officer said "Have a nice day Masterchief".

Man I really miss it sometimes.

swampstalker24

Don't make sense to me that DOD, Retiree's (That's Me :banana:) and Civilians do not have to list weapons on the form. But Active Duty does. :huh:

It did make it easier the other day when my vehicle was to be searched, I just showed them my NCIC background check form and they sent me on my way. They didn't search anything.

I thought it was pretty interesting this morning. +/- 2000 Navy Personnel on a huge Army base and they were manning the gate due to the furloughs.

Brought a smile to my face when the Young Petty Officer said "Have a nice day Masterchief".

Man I really miss it sometimes.

Yup, not quite sure the reasoning behind it either. I'm not complaining though, I think it may lessen the hunting pressure a little. I heard several long time hunters out there saying they would just rather not hunt on post, then to get a background check/register weapons. :huh:

papachaz

Do you honestly think the Jihad guy is just going to admit they have a gun they plan on using to kill others? Fort hood had a no gun policy and it was easy pickens for the Muslim since all the honest people followed the gun policy. A gun free zone is a killing zone, it's been proven time and time again.

nothing I can add to this except :cool::cool::cool:

screedee

You might want to check that. We got emails late last year

About registering your weapons, when entering the fort. I will see if I can pull the email up tomorrow. I will check back tommorow.

HandgunHTR

Steelringin' Mod

Obviously, I wasn't clear enough.

What I was getting at is that when you register your firearm on the base, you are given paperwork that you must carry with you whenever you have that firearm with you. So, when the MPs or any other base official sees someone with a firearm, they can ask to see the permit. People who follow the law will have one. Those that don't will not.

It isn't fool proof. That is a fact. However, it is one small step in helping to identify the ones who obey the law vs. the ones that won't.

sgtstinky

They do check, don't get caught on Benning doing the wrong thing, the Game Warden won't cut you any slack.