HOMEMADE DEER LIFT

MR. SCOOTINN

Here are some pics of a deer lift I made...the first pic is the deer lift rolled up, second is were the hooks are conected to the 4 wheeler & tree laying flat so you can put a deer on it. Third you move the 4 wheeler forward lifting the deer. 4 it is even with the four wheeler, so you can transfer it from the canvas to the four wheeler..total cost 30.00...what do you all think?

Attachments

• IMG_0530.JPG
    IMG_0530.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 2,283
  • IMG_0529.JPG
    IMG_0529.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 2,097
  • IMG_0528.JPG
    IMG_0528.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 1,889
  • IMG_0527.JPG
    IMG_0527.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 2,235

Ironhead

That is a great idea. You should get a patent. I've been in the situation where I was hunting by myself, killed a heavy deer and could not get in on my 4-wheeler.

MR. SCOOTINN

LIFT

I know iron I had that happen to me last weekend..i got on the 4 wheller but buy your self & the location ,,sometimes is hard that is why i had to come up with someting lol...plus it does double as a hammick:cool:

DYI hunting

mrscootinn, no joke, that would be a good idea to patent and sell. Deer lifts area great and that one looks lightweight, easy to use and cheaper to build than what is on the market right now. That is a heck of a combination.

And if you don't want to patent it and try to make money, could you post some ideas on how it works so we can all copy it. :)

DaGris

Banned
I am going to steal your idea and make millions. ha ha ha!!!

MR. SCOOTINN

LIFT

OK here you are..#1 i purchased the canvas from a military suply store..it is made for sleeping cots..so it is desighned for sleeping on ,so i figured it would be good up to a couple hundred lbs..& it had the loops at the end in place already cost was 10.00..#2 bought 4 foot of 1 inch conduet..feed the conduet through the loops of the cancacs & ben:fine: t them upward..cost 5.00..#3 purchased rope with a wieght capacity of 244 lbs & 4 hooks,feed the the rope through the conduet & tied on hooks 2 on front & 2 on the back..you will have to play with the lenght of the ropes for you atv as alot are diffrent sizes..
Now you put 2 hooks on your atv & tie the other 2 hooks on a tree makeing sure the canvas is flat on the ground so you can slide the deer on,once the deer is on you pull your atv forward..which will lift the canvas ,,once it is equal with your rack ,put your emergecy brake on & from there you can transfer the deer from the canvs to the 4 wheller..
:fine:
hope that helps..

Abolt

Man, that is awesome. I'm gonna build one next week. Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

onemilmhz

What a great idea and boy did I need it the other day. Shot a big doe alone and had a heck of a time getting her on the four wheeler. This would have been helpful. I will build later this week and let you know how it does. Thanks for the info!

Uncle Joe

I bought 2- 2 roller pulleys. and 50' of poly rope and made a lift system like you see on large tree hung feeders - a short piece of rope ties the top pully to a tree branch and another shot piece tie bottom pulley to deer. the double pulleys act like a block and tackle and lifting is very easy.
Also less than $10 in parts.