deer head in aquarium

BornToHuntAndFish

Looks good. Not sure if wives would go for it for very long.

ryanh487

Eventually, it will add calcium to the water and reduce the pH. This will ruin the water's value to your fish and your fish will die. In my opinion, this is not a fair thing to do to the fish. If you really want to balance the pH, take the skull out and put a bunch of peanut butter and mustard on the skull, paying great attention to the base of the antlers. This should help, but after 4 months and 3 days, it will need another coat. The 2nd coat will last 7 months and 2 days. Hope this helps.

Not really... very few fish are PH sensitive these days. And, the skull will take a long time to raise anything. If he's doing weekly or monthly partial water changes, it won't mess with anything. Unless he's keeping very exotic or wild caught delicate fish, pH really isn't that critical.

swamp hunter

[QUOTE=chrisI think it looks awesome! Great idea. However, I think it looks out of place in the center. I would put it more in a corner at an angle but that's just me. Love the idea though.

This..in a corner so it's not the Centerpiece , maybe a couple Arrowheads around it...real old arrowheads..like Flint.

mtr3333

Banned
Not really... very few fish are PH sensitive these days. And, the skull will take a long time to raise anything. If he's doing weekly or monthly partial water changes, it won't mess with anything. Unless he's keeping very exotic or wild caught delicate fish, pH really isn't that critical.

The cleaning of the tank and bacterial cycle will have the greatest impact upon pH.

ambush80

That's cool. It would be extra cool if you had some crappies, bream and baby bass in there with it.:stir:

shakey gizzard

I like it!:cool: Regardless of the fish you keep, all parameters should be monitored! That's what buffers are made for!

RNC

I Digg it !

BuckNasty83

If you want to be sure, though, as well as protect it for a long, long time, I would take it out, dry it off well, and then coat it inside and out with a 100% silicone water proofing spray. Let it dry for at least 24 hours and then return it to the tank.

This is what I was going to say. I think bone would last a lifetime in water.

Id find some little hunting figurines to put in there as well. I've seen deer, hunters etc as cake toppers that would work.

Do you