Missouri hunting ?

Looking at going on a bow hunt next season there. Anyone have any experience hunting there? What part of state is best typically for trophy's? Any suggestions on outfitters? Thanks

snakekiller

look up Robinson hunts Steve and his family are great hunted there 5 times there lodge is only 3/4 mile from iowa in north east Missouri they killed a 174 in rifle this year

gatorgetter

If you want a self guided deal , look into Hunting Sports Plus , I been a member for over 6 years . Land all over Mo and Kansas . A year membership is comparable to the cost of one 5 day guided hunt and you can use the land as often as you want.If you want more info PM me, or check out their web site.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
MO is a great state with great deer. Hunting seems to be the strongest the further north you go. Just be careful cause there's pockets with great looking land and almost no deer population. The state gets it's share of EHD kill off as well. If you are able to walk the farm before putting money on it, do it

Ace1313

I hunted with Robinson as well. Great people, food, and accommodations. They have some great land and I saw a bunch of good deer. Swung and missed at a 140+ yen point with my bow. Very reasonable rates as well.

BornToHuntAndFish

Northern Missouri closer to Iowa tends to be popular & gets lots of attention as Iowa rebuilds & rebounds still from the last bad round of EHD which unfortunately wiped out significant amounts of whitetails during the bad droughts a few years ago.

satchmo

Northern Missouri ( on the Iowa border) did take a hit from end three summers ago, but you really can not even tell, from worth county over to the Ill border the effect was not even noticeable per our farmers and us. Even the conservation shows it wasn't that bad compared to south eastern Mo.. Our county (Mercer) only had 54 deer reported with ehd loss. I would not let it stop me from leasing any tract up there. The Amish are far worse on the deer up there than ehd is for sure. They hunt like they work and drink.... A lot.