2015 bear harvest

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I live right off of the Burnt Mountain Tract and we are covered up with bears. I only saw 2 deer all year, but at least one bear every time I went out for more than a couple of hours. Come shoot some for us next year!

There are several forum members wanting to kill their first bear who just might benefit from this information.:cool:

brandonsc

I know 7 bears were killed the first dawson forest gun hunt. I killed male bear that dressed 290on the first gun hunt. I think 5 or 6 on the second and none on the dec hunt

I know 7 bears were killed the first dawson forest gun hunt. I killed male bear that dressed 290on the first gun hunt. I think 5 or 6 on the second and none on the dec hunt

There would've been one on the December hunt if I could hit the target! I missed one on the November hunt also...

I did hit the one I shot at during bow season up on Chattahoochee though. 1 for 3 is a good batting average but not a good bear avg! Haha!

So... If you get a bear next year on DF that was wood chips and shrapnel in his rib cage, you'll know it was the one I shot at...

BornToHuntAndFish

I don't deal with bear harvest data, but I got in touch with our bear guy. Here's the 2014 harvest summary, the 2015 numbers are still being compiled.

Many thank-you's, Sir, for this long awaited, regularly requested info that no person has been able to find for years on the forum.

:clap:

GA Bear Harvest_Summary 2014.jpg

:bounce:

Last edited:

Joe Brandon

I'm in a club this year with a good amount of bear on the tract. Hopefully I'll get one, those WMA numbers look don't look to promising lol. I know 14 was a bumper crop year so the numbers are reflective. Either way it will be good to be on a good tract of private land again!

Kodiak629

Joe, It was good meeting you Saturday at the club, look forward to this fall. Got to get my camera's out very soon your photos inspired me ! Got my stands ready now to plan another trip .

Joe Brandon

Hey Kodiak it was a pleasure meeting you and your son and grandson as well! Throughly enjoyed our talk! Me too my friend itching for Fall!