One last chance, Alabama

satchmo

I am about to have my first sit on a three day license here is south east Alabama. Kind of suburban hunting just outside of Dothan. I scouted when I got in yesterday and the amount of fresh scrapes and rubs is staggering. I am at a buddy's house/land that I grew up with. He's asked me to come down for years and I am sure glad I did this time. Maybe I'll get to post some pics. I am going to shoot any legal deer that comes by me(maybe). The rut is defiantly rocking here right now.

Kris87

Good luck buddy. Hope you draw some blood.

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
I came through south Alabama yesterday and saw a lot of road kill, including one right before we passed by at noon. Good luck.

satchmo

Roger that

I came through south Alabama yesterday and saw a lot of road kill, including one right before we passed by at noon. Good luck.

431 was covered in deer hit by cars and the woods are full of fresh rubs and scrapes. It's raining pretty bad today do I am stuck inside. But it's supposed to drop in temperature the next few days.

bowhunterdavid

I had to miss my south Alabama hunt this year the last week of January due to back surgery, I have been going out there for 20 years are so, no better place to hunt this time of year,
The rut will last some years into mid February, I know you will get one, send pictures.

jaymax

Sounds awesome! Should be fun! Good luck!

BornToHuntAndFish

Hope you get lots of up close & personal whitetail encounters. Looking forward to your report. Good luck, Sir.

kevincox

I had no idea that deer season was open in Feb in Bama. Thought it went out on the 31st! Locals always use to complain about how the season went out and rut peaked in Feb

satchmo

I didnt get a deer, but I saw a buck last night. Not wide but pretty tall dark rack, he was just too far in that thick creek bottom . The rut is in full swing for sure. I was just outside of Dothan around Midland city. I grew up hunting this area,Fort Rucker, knock a door and anybody would let you bow hunt in the 80s. Now so much now.

Jim Boyd

Sorry, Satch - better luck next time!