piebald

GeorgiaGlockMan

There are several piebalds running my place near athens

Early last year there was a doe with 2 fawns showing up nightly. One was a button buck that looked just like the better pic that was posted in #17.

The button was 95%+ white with brown only on the head.

You could look out the kitchen window and see a white sheet blowing across the field. When you got the binos out, there would be dozens of other deer there too.

The white really draws your eyes to it. Haven't seen him since late last fall.

Thanks for sharing your pics. They look just like the crappy phone pics I took.

Dinosaur

Now that looks like deer. Amazing what a good picture can reveal. Congratulations on your unique family of deer.

TSanders

I got this one with light piebald markings the last morning of GA season. She surely stood out amongst the 4 smaller does with her.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 734
That is an awesome picture. I must publicly apologize to Loser for being the biggest doubter. I went back to look at the original pics but see they have been deleted. These are much better. I hope that Loser is able to put a trail cam on that tree line and get some close up pics.

cowhornedspike

Go back to the beginning of thread they are posted , awesome capture!

That is an awesome picture. I must publicly apologize to Loser for being the biggest doubter. I went back to look at the original pics but see they have been deleted. These are much better. I hope that Loser is able to put a trail cam on that tree line and get some close up pics.

Hadn't gone back and looked at the first part of this thread recently so didn't realize the fuzzy pics had been replaced by much better ones! Great pics!

PappyHoel

Any chance those deer are around lake Lanier? I've seen a couple near the dam. I always thought it meant inbreeding due to over population?

loser

A lot of you cant believe the luck of capturing all three as neither can I. A special thanks to Jedwards for posting for me. As for anyone offering an apology for doubting the old pics none needed. A good pic speaks a thousand words as we can all attest.
Mike in Al recommended a trail cam. I stopped by the owners house and she already knew about the piebalds! They were eating clover not 60 yards from her back porch! She has given permission as long as I tell no one where they are. She has horses and is terrified some idiot is going to take a shot and you know the rest of the story.
This gets better. When I was going to my shed to retrieve the trail cams I spotted the 2 white deer bedded down not 70 yards into the ravine out back of it! I didn't do anything most of the afternoon but keep checking to see if they would come on up into the yard when leaving. I suppose you all know how that went! Will post more as I get more!

dtala

just because you CAN be a jackwagon dosen't mean you SHOULD.....

nice pics, congrats

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
We have a handful of pure albino deer that show up here in southern IL every year. Nothing like seeing a ghost come out of the woods.

sman

Very rare site right there! Thanks for posting!

Mossy Creek

I believe these are the same ones that I've seen for the last few years. This is in North Hall off of Clarkes Bridge?