Practicing Jews and the Torah

hobbs27

God seems to work through his feasts - Messiah was born during Sukkot (Christmas is not his actual birthday), sacrificed at Passover (inlcudes enleavened bread), rose as the First Fruit (there is a feast called First Fruit), and rose at Pentacost (Shavuot). He is supposed to come with a mighty trumpet blast (Yom Turuah), judge the earth (Yom Kippur), and have a millennial reign (Sukkot/Tabernacle). Or so they say.

Remember what's gonna get you home - your faith in Messiah and living out your faith.

Just a quick comment for some to think about.No need for conversation on this.

Matt. 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

The law is Torah...Sabbaths are Torah. If not all of Torah is fulfilled then none is, but if all of Torah is fulfilled so are all the feasts. Amen

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I don't know if it's suppose to be difficult, but I worry more about the stresses put on little children to ( be saved).

I suppose I don't mean it should be difficult, but there has to be a turning point. A place that you can put a marker and say here is where I made a life changing decision, to follow God, and never turn back. It can't be a "well, I shook the preachers hand" while you are shacked up with your girlfriend, still married to your 2nd old lady, beating your kids, and getting drunk every weekend religion.

Some folks believe that just because they went down once, they are set. They believe they can live anyway they want, and it will all be overlooked. From my reading, it doesn't work that way.

hobbs27

I suppose I don't mean it should be difficult, but there has to be a turning point. A place that you can put a marker and say here is where I made a life changing decision, to follow God, and never turn back. It can't be a "well, I shook the preachers hand" while you are shacked up with your girlfriend, still married to your 2nd old lady, beating your kids, and getting drunk every weekend religion.

Some folks believe that just because they went down once, they are set. They believe they can live anyway they want, and it will all be overlooked. From my reading, it doesn't work that way.

I understand. He is the great physician and has a way with curing heart conditions.

I have done important things on my own, and I've done important things with my Lord.

Never has anything I've done alone benefitted me in the least.

Artfuldodger

I've got most of those sins in the bag. For me my struggles are with forgiving others, cheating, lust, pride, anger, coveting, hate, overeating and other sins against my body. Things that would keep a lost person out of the Kingdom.

I don't have any trouble with murder, homosexuality, drug abuse, gambling, unmarried sex, adultery, hitting people, over drinking, or swindling people.
Yet my turning point is still turning.

I did play the Lottery a little when it first came out but I'm over that one already.

I can't say that I haven't made improvements in my sanctification. I think it gets easier as one gets older. Mainly because an older person has sown his wild oats and is more willing to settle down anyway. I think we all reach that point at different times within our lifetimes. We are all prisoners to the flesh even with the Holy Spirit. I kinda think we will be until we shed our flesh and become 100% spirit. When we finally see Jesus as he is and become like him.

So if works count, then a young person who has settled down, has my vote as the better Christian. The young person who has lust, anger, and pride under control.

In hindsight I wish that I had been a better Christian when I was younger. Especially with forgiving others. That and not poisoning my body/temple with unhealthy foods and other substances.

Last edited:

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I've got most of those sins in the bag. For me my struggles are with forgiving others, cheating, lust, pride, anger, coveting, hate, overeating and other sins against my body. Things that would keep a lost person out of the Kingdom.

I don't have any trouble with murder, homosexuality, drug abuse, gambling, unmarried sex, adultery, hitting people, over drinking, or swindling people.
Yet my turning point is still turning.

I did play the Lottery a little when it first came out but I'm over that one already.

I can't say that I haven't made improvements in my sanctification. I think it gets easier as one gets older. Mainly because an older person has sown his wild oats and is more willing to settle down anyway. I think we all reach that point at different times within our lifetimes. We are all prisoners to the flesh even with the Holy Spirit. I kinda think we will be until we shed our flesh and become 100% spirit. When we finally see Jesus as he is and become like him.

So if works count, then a young person who has settled down, has my vote as the better Christian. The young person who has lust, anger, and pride under control.

In hindsight I wish that I had been a better Christian when I was younger. Especially with forgiving others. That and not poisoning my body/temple with unhealthy foods and other substances.

yes, to be a Christian, you should be trying to shed these things, but just like everyone else, they are not perfect. What I am trying to convey is that this walk is on going, and as one looks back on his life, there should be a definable moment where they can point and say here is where I made a decision to be a follower.

Anything less is what my grandmother use to call "fire insurance"

gordon 2

yes, to be a Christian, you should be trying to shed these things, but just like everyone else, they are not perfect. What I am trying to convey is that this walk is on going, and as one looks back on his life, there should be a definable moment where they can point and say here is where I made a decision to be a follower.

Anything less is what my grandmother use to call "fire insurance"

I like this. I like it alot. Your grandmother was a wise lady.