1978 Yamaha DT250 Enduro

longbowdave1

That was 44 years ago. :D

Had yourself a bike, and you were on top of the world! Heck yeah.

I'm glad I posted the ol' dirt bike, seems to have stirred up a lot of memories we haven't thought of in a long time.

Lukikus2

Nice! I put a bunch of miles on one like that. Great bikes but when that power band kicks in you had better be hanging on :cheers:

longbowdave1

Nice! I put a bunch of miles on one like that. Great bikes but when that power band kicks in you had better be hanging on :cheers:

Yep, fun to ride.

I registered the bike online so, it took a while to get the license plate in the mail, finally came Thursday. Yesterday, I finally took the bike on long road trip to test it out. Drove about 30 miles on the country roads, along corn and beanfields, and past a few of the local lakes. Great weather(76 and sunny) for a ride, and the bike purred right along at 45MPH. Got a few looks from the older guys like myself remembering the old enduros, and from some of the younger guys, asking themselves what the heck is that? Wish I would have picked it earlier in summer to enjoy it more.

Lukikus2

Yep, fun to ride.

I registered the bike online so, it took a while to get the license plate in the mail, finally came Thursday. Yesterday, I finally took the bike on long road trip to test it out. Drove about 30 miles on the country roads, along corn and beanfields, and past a few of the local lakes. Great weather(76 and sunny) for a ride, and the bike purred right along at 45MPH. Got a few looks from the older guys like myself remembering the old enduros, and from some of the younger guys, asking themselves what the heck is that? Wish I would have picked it earlier in summer to enjoy it more.

I love the nangnangang of a 2-stroke! Neighbors maybe not so much :biggrin2: The YZ was a total rocket!

longbowdave1

This year is the 40th birthday of the 1978 DT250. Took it for a birthday ride. Made a video for Nic, just a short ride like in the old days. The sun was shinning and a little gas in the tank so I took it out for a spin, no were to go and all day to get there. I'm going to be loading the bike onto the back of the Jeep today and heading to Northern Wisconsin, ought to be some awesome riding. As long as I don't hit a deer or bear on the back roads.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

longbowdave1

I went for some awesome,DT250 On the high trail.jpg long rides this weekend. The bike ran great! Ran all over on the wooded roads with no traffic to worry about, and a few off road trails too.

Attachments

• DT 250 At the lake.jpg
    DT 250 At the lake.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 1

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Great video and I do miss that 2 cycle sound!

longbowdave1

Thought you would like the video Nic.

Cmp, I guess there's a special car, bike, truck, or boat we all wish we still had form back in the day! I know I do. I also miss my 1967 Olds Cutlass with that Rocket 400. Gold 2 door, with a black vinyl top, 300 Hp stock. Man..... what a car! I still think about getting one like it.........

Cmp1

BANNED
Thought you would like the video Nic.

Cmp, I guess there's a special car, bike, truck, or boat we all wish we still had form back in the day! I know I do. I also miss my 1967 Olds Cutlass with that Rocket 400. Gold 2 door, with a black vinyl top, 300 Hp stock. Man..... what a car! I still think about getting one like it.........

Amen brother,,,, in 77 Honda came out with the 750 DOHC,,,,, if I'm not mistaken,,,, dramatic HP increase,,,, I had a 250 Elsinore too that I miss,,,,