Tybee is awesome 0ct 2017! (PICS FIXED)

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Howdy fine folks!:cool:
I finally got to make a trip down with some good friends who have never been!
My farrier friend from Atlanta and 2 farrier friends from Tennessee. The 2 Tennessee guy's never even been on the ocean before! They all loved it and wanna come back next Oct.

Friday was nice weather and nice water!
My Atlanta buddy caught a 14 inch croaker!!!
I'd never seen that before....i don't think in 20 years of fishin Tybee I've ever seen one bigger than 8!! Till this guy!!! So we put him in the cooler...he'll get deep fried Saturday.
1179.jpg

The guy's absolutely flipped out over the power of the big reds!!! One friend brought his striper rod......facepalm:.....say's he catches stripers with it all the time and really was excited to use his rig. So the first bull or cow....or whatever it was....takes the bait on the fancy striper pole! Well my friends rig got busted all to crap....fish gone. So then we brought out the other penn senator and had a GREAT TIME!!! Big reds were eatin whole live 4 to 6ish inch croaker and ladyfish chunks!
1181.jpg

I always go just a little crazy every time I catch a flounder!
1000.jpeg

1098.jpg

Day 2 Tennessee Tyler Starts the mornin with a little flounder just big enough for the cooler. Then next stop he lands a nice trout for the cooler
1189.jpg

So I told him if he gets a red drum today he'd have his inshore slam! Which later on that mornin he did! I dont have a picture of it but he got an inshore slam 2nd day ever fishin at the ocean! He even caught a whiting later that day and asked what has he accomplished now??? I said I diddn't know but thats a yummy fish put it in the cooler!!

Tennessee Ethan had a great time!
1171.jpg

The guys did great!!
1173.jpg

Overall had a good fishy couple days!!! Boat got covered in fish slime and guts!!!
Weather was VERY nice!!
Food at Tybee was outstanding as always!!!!!!!
Good luck to y'all!! :flag:

Last edited:

Scallen

Looks like a great couple of days. Congrats! Nothing like being able to put friends from out of town on fish - especially if you don't get to see them often.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Please God, let the 18th be nice weather

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man, some fine fish there! And I didn't even know croakers got that big. :eek:

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Great job keeping everybody on board happy!
Nothing worse than a disappointed angler on your boat, I know...
Speaking of your boat, I guess you have moved up from your Sundance skiff (as it have I) and are into a Robalo. My wife is partial to those over the Skeeter I want to get...
What model is that?
Your post is making me want to point my rig east sometime soon instead of south!

sea trout

Man, some fine fish there! And I didn't even know croakers got that big. :eek:

We thought it was a red when we netted it.
Put it on the ruler quick and it was 14ish......it would've took further examination to confirm that it was indeed clearly 14.....but then we realized it was a croaker!!!!!
My friend Rhett makes it look small in the pic. Rhetts 6ft + and has quarterback hands. But yeah it was a crazy croaker! I've never seen that. They may be common like that somewhere but I don't know.

sea trout

Great job keeping everybody on board happy!
Nothing worse than a disappointed angler on your boat, I know...
Speaking of your boat, I guess you have moved up from your Sundance skiff (as it have I) and are into a Robalo. My wife is partial to those over the Skeeter I want to get...
What model is that?
Your post is making me want to point my rig east sometime soon instead of south!

I went with the 246 cayman. I'm very happy I did!
It's a great family boat. The kids can do water sports behind it here at our local lake Hartwell. It's a comfy ride for everyone onboard. The boat can be loaded with more stuff than you need but everything has a place to be put away so there's no clutter on deck. My first Yamaha and so far I love the 300 4 stroke! Will get that boat up to 50 mph! It'll cruise flat on plane and hold steady at many different speeds! Gotta porta potty head in the console.
It's nice!!!!!!!

1eyefishing

Porta-Potty = happy wife.
I'm sure this why my wife likes the Cayman246.
We were at the boat show when she said she'd rather have this than the 22 foot Skeeter I want. When I told her if I got a boat that big, I'd still need a little flats skiff to do my skinny water stuff, she replied, "Okay, but you can only have three boats."
Sometimes, I love my wife.:D

1eyefishing

F-series yamahas are the real deal!

sea trout

Porta-Potty = happy wife.
I'm sure this why my wife likes the Cayman246.
We were at the boat show when she said she'd rather have this than the 22 foot Skeeter I want. When I told her if I got a boat that big, I'd still need a little flats skiff to do my skinny water stuff, she replied, "Okay, but you can only have three boats."
Sometimes, I love my wife.:D

:rofl:Great wife!!!!!

I would've loved to have kept the sundance skiff but I couldn't afford to.
The 246 cayman gets skinny enough for me. It does great! Once you get a few scratches and scuffs in it and the "oh becareful it's bran new" wears off you'll be mudboggin and beachin it just like I do:cool:
Jimmy Armel on here runs that 22 ft skeeter. He does some serious universal fishin with that vessel!!!!!!!

Last edited:

fuelman1

We thought it was a red when we netted it.
Put it on the ruler quick and it was 14ish......it would've took further examination to confirm that it was indeed clearly 14.....but then we realized it was a croaker!!!!!
My friend Rhett makes it look small in the pic. Rhetts 6ft + and has quarterback hands. But yeah it was a crazy croaker! I've never seen that. They may be common like that somewhere but I don't know.

We caught some that were over 16" last summer out at BH reef. That's only a few miles out of Sapelo Sound. I had to look online because I couldn't believe the size. I guess they get bigger further up the coast. The Chesapeake Bay record is one over 8lbs and 27" long.

sea trout

We caught some that were over 16" last summer out at BH reef. That's only a few miles out of Sapelo Sound. I had to look online because I couldn't believe the size. I guess they get bigger further up the coast. The Chesapeake Bay record is one over 8lbs and 27" long.

Wow!!! Did you eat yours that you caught?

We filleted ours and he'll be added in with my daughters birthday party fish fry Sat.
His meat looked orangy brownish off white. We'll try it!