Lanier Report w/vids

Scout'nStripers

It's been a pretty interesting week on Lanier with warm weather earlier in the week and a little cooler today. Water temps were around 62-64 when I pulled out at noon today. I fished on Monday, Wednesday and Friday this week. Earlier in the week the striper were schooling in a few areas and the bass are starting to get aggressive as the turnover ends. It's site fishing or combat fishing for the stripers right now and the bass are a grind on points and humps. The best thing I've got going is the Sebile and a little topwater when the bass are schooling. Here's a few videos from this week. The first one is some pretty cool striper schooling action all around the boat. They didn't want that popper but couldn't pass up the Sebile.

jocko755

Great as always. Auto focus seemed to have a mind of it's own, but always cleared just in time.

Wow - the striper schooling was great and the one close to shore - very cool.

Get several Sebiles!

Just want you to consider how blessed you are. I'm sitting in 2 hour traffic jams and working dark to dark and would love to fish during the week. Heck - just to fish at all....

Scout'nStripers

Great as always. Auto focus seemed to have a mind of it's own, but always cleared just in time.
Just want you to consider how blessed you are. I'm sitting in 2 hour traffic jams and working dark to dark and would love to fish during the week. Heck - just to fish at all....
Jocko, when I think about the times I spent my holidays working on the top of an aircraft carrier thousands of miles from home or being gone for my sons birthdays, ball games and family events I feel blessed. I also think about the ones who can't be with us anymore because they lost their lives defending our freedom and I feel blessed.

Jocko, look at it this way, at least at the end of those traffic jams there is a warm home to walk into. We are all truly blessed my friend.

Last edited: