Fishing for cats at sinclair/oconee

Legeance

So I was told by a buddy of mine that there is like a water treatment thing on sinclair or oconee that keeps the water warm and some of the biggest cats like to stay around there. I was wondering where it is? Or if anyone has any suggestions on where to find big cats because I've had 0 luck all summer, thanks.(I do have a boat)

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Used to have a club on 16 right below Wallace Dam. There were a few guys with us that would catch the fool out of them off of the club. The water is drawn out of Sinclair and then they use it to generate power, releasing it back into Sinclair at about 10 degrees warmer.

Legeance

Sounds like the old warm water discharge on Sinclair. Plant is gone now. Great cats in both lakes.

Yea I ended up trying to look it up and saw they took it down in September. So if I was gonna go to sinclair/oconee where would you go for big cats? I appreciate the reply by the way.

Mexican Squealer

i'd go to Oconee, catch the biggest gizzard shad you can, put two out live and 2 cut. 3 foot leader and 7/0 circle hooks. Try around the 44 bridge and at the mouth of the cove going to Jerrys bait and tackle.