How's the rut coming in N. Ga?

Strotherdr

I'm just getting back into town and was wondering if the rut is starting to kick off and if anyone has seen any action. I live up near Blue Ridge, this will be my first year hunting this area.

meatseeker

Still seeing bucks together here. They’ll bump antlers and go back to being buddies. Did see a good one Thursday tearing up a tree on the edge of a pasture but couldn’t make the 500yrd shot with my .35

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Boys it's a month early, but I'm telling you I saw a good 8pt bird dogging a doe the other day in White County. Me and my son watching him chase her around for a good 15mins, he could have cared less that we were standing there. Scrapes and rubs have just popped up all over the place. For whatever reason it's on now.

Fork Horn

Scrapes and rubs have just popped up all over the place. For whatever reason it's on now.
My son and me were on Coopers Creek this evening and we saw more fresh rubs on this one trip to the woods than we've seen in several seasons put together. I've never seen anything like it this early in the season. We will be back there tomorrow.

tree cutter 08

Seen 3 good bucks other evening still together. I did seen 2 fresh scrapes the same evening. See deer here at the house every evening but no rut action yet.

Nick84

No chasing in murray, been hunting all week bucks are solo just feeding and does are grouped up with their young still.

Otisman

Got decent 8 pt sneaking in seconds after doe bleat/grunt call Tuesday morning in walker. First time call has ever worked for me.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I watched a buck make a scrape Friday evening at dusk and shot him as he left the scrape. His hocks weren't dark and didn't smell.