Alaska Fishing Report....need a GA bass report to keep me sane!

CaptainSolo

Currently in my second week during my 12th season guiding up here. I can't deny that I am missing my bass boat and my foot on the trolling motor.

The fishing up here has been pretty exciting, yet variable. This time of year we are right on the cusp of a major run of Silver Salmon. In general, when the silvers are moving through an area, they tend to concentrate in areas that create circular current flow. Usually these areas are rounded bays that create kind of eddy that keep bait circulating within the bay. The depth that the salmon use varies from on the Kelp line to suspending in over 1000 feet of water. Generally trolling, or "mooching" cut plugs of herring is the traditional tactic.

Now that I've shared what's going on up here, I would like to know how everyone is catching bass down south, as I need to fish vicariously through those of you down south.

How's fishing?

Attachments

• IMG_7450.PNG
    IMG_7450.PNG
    363.4 KB · Views: 335

jigman29

My neck of the woods the bass are deep and finicky at the moment. We are trout fishing more than anything. Well, that and dreaming of being where you are lol. I hope to see that country someday. It's my life long dream.