Solunar Tables?????

xdguy226

I'm just getting back into bass fishing after being gone for a few years raising kids and such. Does anyone put any stock in the solunar tables? I know the moon plays a huge roll on the tides and to a certain extent our everyday lives. I know a lot of the old timers swore by the tables. I was just wandering if y'all pay any attention to them?

Coenen

There was a time that they mattered to me. Not so much anymore. I'm going fishing either way.

61BelAir

Same here.....I believe that 2-3 days either side of the full and new moons are prime, but days when it's overcast, windy, and a cold front is approaching are even better.
My personal best came 6/14/15 at about 7PM on a clear, calm, hot, humid day with water as smooth as glass - so right when the bite is tough.
"I'm going fishing either way." Sounds about right to me.

needmotime2fish

Personally, I fish whenever I can. But I definitely believe that "the Bass Professor", Doug Hannon's, ideas had a lot of merit. Those ideas were based on considerable scientific research and logic. If I was still bass fishing, and if my days on the water were limited, I'd try my best to go on the days indicated by Hannon's "Moon Calendar".

fishmonger

I use them religiously to plan my striper fishing. I think that stripers' feeding activity strongly correlates to the solunar charts since they are saltwater fish, genetically speaking.

I put less credence in it for freshwater fish like bass and trout.

FM

Lawnmowerman

I do keep an eye on the tables, but I look more closely at the Barometric Pressure.
However, like Bill Dance says, "anytime you can go fishing, is a good time."