Lanier report

Pappy

Yesterday was my first trip to Lanier in MANY years and after a pretty good day, my partner and I went back today. We found a rocky point yesterday that we caught 9 spots off of with about 5 being keepers. Today, we hit 5 more off the same point.
All the fish were caught on spotstickers with Roboworms and creepy crawler jigs.
Got on the water at 2pm and left about 6pm. Crappy part of the day at that!

I cant believe it.........I caught fish at Lanier!! :bounce:

My%20Pictures0016.jpg

lanier1.jpg

Kdog

Lots of good fish on Lanier. I love the lake, but hate the boat traffic. Congrats on a fine day of fishing.

Kdog

Pappy

Kdog said:
Lots of good fish on Lanier. I love the lake, but hate the boat traffic. Congrats on a fine day of fishing.

Kdog

I know what you mean about the boat traffic! Thats one thing that has always discouraged me from going there.

Ive just got back into bass fishing after a LONG hiatus.........and I just want to learn to be a little more flexible.

One thing I intend to do is go out with a guide on Lanier and Oconee just for the learning experience. Ive got a lot of bad habits ........... one being I want to beat the banks all day and am hesitant about fishing offshore very much.

I gotta get with Aaron and pick up some new tricks on Oconee and I got a fellow in mind for Lanier as well.

Since I bought the boat several weeks ago.......... all I can think about is BASS! (laugh)...........Ive already missed bowseason..........aint been not even once! First time in probably 15 years that I missed opening day and I cant remember the last time I didnt get at least one with my bow!.....................I got fish on the brain! :eek:

Schulze

pappy to beat some of the traffic on lanier stay above hwy 53 bridge. I know some spots and locations.

Adirondacker

I fished from the river from the Lula road bridge south several miles towards the lake over the weekend. My first time on that water. Followed advice from a GON article. Little to no boat traffic. Very nice day and relaxing atmosphere :banginghe Unfortunately I was looking to get a little riled up by some "hogs". Never had one bite. Went to a dozen spots that had good cover near deep water. Threw everything at them. Not one bass in the boat. As this was my first trip was it just one of those days or were all the fish down in the main lake?

Pappy

Schulze said:
pappy to beat some of the traffic on lanier stay above hwy 53 bridge. I know some spots and locations.

I'll have to check out that area of the lake. Feel free to email me some hotspots!! (laugh!)

Pappy

Adirondacker said:
I fished from the river from the Lula road bridge south several miles towards the lake over the weekend. My first time on that water. Followed advice from a GON article. Little to no boat traffic. Very nice day and relaxing atmosphere :banginghe Unfortunately I was looking to get a little riled up by some "hogs". Never had one bite. Went to a dozen spots that had good cover near deep water. Threw everything at them. Not one bass in the boat. As this was my first trip was it just one of those days or were all the fish down in the main lake?

Thats kind of been my history with Lanier............ if I found some calm water on the weekends, the fishing was terrible!

The ones we caught last weekend were in pretty rough water most of the time. It wasnt so bad when the wind laid down though.

Kdog

Except for the winter time, I always fish the lower end, south of Brown's Bridge. In November, I start fishing the upper end. I have only had a problem 1 time with boaters, but I was fishing the mouth of Flowery Branch/Big Creek and I expected it. If the fish are there, thats where I want to be. Boat traffic or not.

Kdog

goldentrout

The only time that I go up the river is when the bass are running other wise it is the area around Gainesville most of the time when I get to go with Dad.