fishing report 1-2-05 clarks hill lake

jay sullivent

fished bussey point on the savannah river side with only 3 bites then moved up to the big cove behind the GA flats and fished the rest of the morning with no more bites. not a single hybrid or striper to show for the whole trip. all i managed to get was an 8 lb largemouth, a 6 lb largemouth, and a 1 lb largemouth. bummer! i made it a point to stop and gloat to every bass fisherman i saw on the way home. i caught more by accident than any of them could catch and they were trying for them! i think those motorcycle helmets that they wear must cut off some circulation to the brain. if you got to wear a helmet than your going to fast! maybe you should take up racing cars! you're already wearing the outfits for it! anyway, it was a calm and beautiful day on the lake. i'll be giving it a try again next week, see ya'll!

bradpatt03

i don't know where you come from but where i'm at any day catching an 8lb bass or a 6lb bass is good. not to mention if you catch both in one day!! i guess you striper fishermen are spoiled.... :bounce:

Last edited:

jay sullivent

it was definately a good day, but the largemouth were just an accident. the big one was worthy of going on the wall. i did get some good pictures though. some other club members caught a lot of striper just up the lake from me. one was 24 lbs. fish are biting good right now.