Smith-Gall/ Duke's Creek ?????????

Walkie Takie

Hey, anyone out there ever gone to Smith-Gall / duke's creek to fish ???????
will be up that way that way this weekend w/ family , called , fri and we were able to sign up for sun the 16 th , don't know anything about the place ,
please let me know if it's worth going , ( good or bad ) thank's w/t

goldentrout

It has some nice trout in it, but I have heard they are not as many big trout as in the past. There is some neat things to look at while you are there. If they will let you go far enough south you can run into some of the areas that were dredged for gold.

HOWCO

Dukes

Great area and great trout!
Had lots of luck in the past with sec. #1 and bead head nymphs. The other areas are good also but the walk will get to you and it is sometimes closed in the winter months. #1 starts at the road and goes up stream.
Good luck

goob

fish

Gold bead head nymph.

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
re:

It's good fishing but the fish aren't as big as they were when it first started being open for bait in May. :(

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
Re:

We may be talking about two different creeks I'm talking about Smith Creek in Helen at Unicoi St. Park they have a delayed harvest system and is open for bait May 15 thru I believe November. Sorry if I caused any confusion. ::huh:

DuckWeed

Great place to fish, gold bead head or purple woolly booger slow drift the baits and move very slow this time of year and you should have a great time. let us know how it goes.