Edits

StriperrHunterr

I quoted a post from another member, and I'm positive about what I read, but when I looked back it's not showing the same content, nor is it showing an edited by tag.

For example:

If I were to make a post saying that this pen is blue.

Someone quotes me as saying the pen is blue, but in the meantime I change it to say that the pen is red. Both the source post and my quote now say that the pen is red, where I know it said blue before.

Is it possible to edit a post without leaving the edited tag at the bottom and, if so, how/why?

T.P.

Banned
I may have misread your post. That wouldn't change the quoted post though. Only the original post.

StriperrHunterr

No, a plain old member. I didn't re-read what I quoted after I hit the quote button, so maybe in the delay between my initial read and hitting the quote button the poster changed it, but it obviously doesn't refresh on the screen until I refresh it or otherwise click on something.

It's just frustrating when I quote someone for saying something, and they've gone in and edited it, so I end up looking like I'm ranting over nothing.

This isn't the first time it's happened, and I've chalked it up to misreading, but I know that didn't happen this time. I know what I saw in the post and formulated my entire response around that. It just makes me look like I'm crazy, especially when the OP can just deny that they ever said what they did, because no "edited" tag appears and the post now doesn't say what it did. Only a mod or admin would likely be able to see that it was edited, I would imagine.

T.P.

Banned
No, a plain old member. I didn't re-read what I quoted after I hit the quote button, so maybe in the delay between my initial read and hitting the quote button the poster changed it, but it obviously doesn't refresh on the screen until I refresh it or otherwise click on something.

It's just frustrating when I quote someone for saying something, and they've gone in and edited it, so I end up looking like I'm ranting over nothing.

This isn't the first time it's happened, and I've chalked it up to misreading, but I know that didn't happen this time. I know what I saw in the post and formulated my entire response around that. It just makes me look like I'm crazy, especially when the OP can just deny that they ever said what they did, because no "edited" tag appears and the post now doesn't say what it did. Only a mod or admin would likely be able to see that it was edited, I would imagine.

You can always change his response in your post to suit your needs.:bounce: