"Forged in Fire" on History Channel

Capt Quirk

I enjoy this show every now and then. I like the historical aspects. There are times though, I have seen a blade fail a test because of Judge Doug Marcaida in particular. This "Martial Arts Expert" has hit with the side of the blade on several occasions, and the blade fails because it didn't cut.

Anvil Head

Saw that did you......yepper pretty hard to cut through anything with the flat of the blade. He's done it more than once.

Actually two of my good friends and members of the Georgia Guild have been on there - Stephan Fowler and Paul Brach. Both very accomplished knifemakers.

Capt Quirk

Yepper... even rewound it, and played it slow, to make sure I saw what I saw... and it wern't no Puddy Tat that I tawt I saw. Snapped at least one blade like that.

Jack Ryan

My wife likes the show.

I watch it a little bit, once in a while. There is worse stuff on television. I'm a journeyman millwright welder and I've done a little black smith work. When they call some of these people "blade smiths" and "best ...", then they can't even stand up for 2 or 3 hours with out going in to cardiac arrest or just hold on to a hammer... "That's enough. I'm done, you can watch it if you want. Yes, that's cool dear..."

Anvil Head

You change your grip to match the handle when it doesn't feel right. I caught a glimpse of Jason grimacing a couple of times.
I think the fella ought to go out and cut line for a few years, get some real experience.
You can practice with a pick and shovel your whole life in a gym some where and still not be able to dig a decent ditch.....and I didn't get this from a book.

marknga

GONetwork Member
Seen a couple Georgia guys on there this season: Paul _________
and Buster Grubbs.
We enjoy watching it.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Buster is a long time friend of mine. He`s a fine blacksmith.

IFLY4U

They had a sign up booth in the lobby and were doing interviews at the blade show. Someone told me that you had to be available for around 7 weeks for the filming if you were selected. Neat show but definitely has a lot of drama added, not to mention it caused the price of anvils to skyrocket.

Latest posts