Nocturnal and Early AM Sightings only

George30022

Nocturnal Sightings on Cam – Early AM (before 5 AM) Sightings as well. Seems fewer and fewer sightings on CAM and this after both Fall Food plots have sprouted. Rye Grass is the strongest – Clover leaf is a close second. A great reason to see Deer. I hear many points made by Hunters here in Georgia thru my travels about hunting South of Macon VS Hunting North of Woodstock;
 South Georgia is just a plethora of food; the States Salad Bowl , Endless Food Supply for Wildlife.
 North Georgia has tuff terrain where animals have enough instinct to save their energy and travel in darker periods lowering the chance of an encounter with a predator.
 North Georgia ; Bears and Coyotes – dangerous predators to young Deer.
I read much about the “October Lull” where points are made in the direction of Hunters not changing / searching for Deer movement yet too many of our Trail Cams are diminished of Deer sightings. Just a few weeks, maybe a month prior the entire Herd would be all over a Food plot – Come October when the Fall harvest of food is at it’s plush state; area is vacant of Deer. Maybe a Bear – but no Hogs to tear it up.
It seems Point (2) of above about hiding from predators seems to support the “Lull”.
I have moved Cams to different parts of our Large Property = still no sightings all month
I’ve thrown in some winter peas in this area and they have sprouted; no sightings.
Let’s see what Late November brings; hopefully with Food un-eaten the Bucks will return to it in support of the Rut.
Eagerly optimistic – (overly anxious could me made)
All thoughts – sightings welcome !

bullgator

Two things I've noticed that happen and seem to be a factor in October are acorns and deer just act different when they shed the velvet..

j_seph

Bucks are traveling and seeking does ,we had 10 different bucks up until 2 weeks ago then they all disappeared. One screwed up and came home and got lead poison this a.m.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I`ve been seeing them at all hours of the day for the last week and a half.