Open letter to Ameristep

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
To whom it may concern,
I currently own 3 of the Ameristep Doghouse blinds. These were purchased at different times over the past 5 years. With the last one being purchased unused from a member on this forum( GON).
First off, I love the ease of setting the blind up and it's perfect for a long afternoon of sitting.
But, you have got to do SOMETHING about the fiber poles!
I have purchased 6 sets of replacement poles so far, and now find myself needing to order yet another 3 sets. I went to my lease today to move 2 blinds( including the new one) that were placed last week. Both were damaged by the poles breaking at the ceiling and punching through the fabric. This has happened in every instance! The poles always break at the center height cross section, and usually cause damage to the blind.
Please switch to a hub style or spring cross section at the center point of the interior ceiling, or at least give me an alternative to sewing up holes and ordering poles REPEATEDLY!!!
Sincerely, Robert H.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
To whom it may concern,
I currently own 3 of the Ameristep Doghouse blinds. These were purchased at different times over the past 5 years. With the last one being purchased unused from a member on this forum( GON).
First off, I love the ease of setting the blind up and it's perfect for a long afternoon of sitting.
But, you have got to do SOMETHING about the fiber poles!
I have purchased 6 sets of replacement poles so far, and now find myself needing to order yet another 3 sets. I went to my lease today to move 2 blinds( including the new one) that were placed last week. Both were damaged by the poles breaking at the ceiling and punching through the fabric. This has happened in every instance! The poles always break at the center height cross section, and usually cause damage to the blind.
Please switch to a hub style or spring cross section at the center point of the interior ceiling, or at least give me an alternative to sewing up holes and ordering poles REPEATEDLY!!!
Sincerely, Robert H.

Dear Sir, we at Ameristep Doghouse blinds could give a flip, long as idiots like yourself keep buying them we'll keep sending you a crappy product. Sincerely, HOQ Head of Quality Control.

Turkeypaw

Dear Sir, we at Ameristep Doghouse blinds could give a flip, long as idiots like yourself keep buying them we'll keep sending you a crappy product. Sincerely, HOQ Head of Quality Control.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

if these poles are the graphite type poles like tents usually use, then leaving them out in the sub too long is most likely the cause of the problem. try placing them in a shady area.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
if these poles are the graphite type poles like tents usually use, then leaving them out in the sub too long is most likely the cause of the problem. try placing them in a shady area.

Pretty sure these are fiberglass poles, but yes, they are very similar to tent poles. I always place them under a tree and brush them in real well with bushy tree limbs. Mainly because the camo seems to have a blue coloration which doesn't look right.
I did receive a response from Ameristep today:
ROBERT WE ARE LOOKING INTO THIS ,IT JUST TAKES SOME TIME
THANK YOU AMERISTEP

I think that means appreciate the input, you'll never hear from us.:bounce:

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Pretty sure these are fiberglass poles, but yes, they are very similar to tent poles. I always place them under a tree and brush them in real well with bushy tree limbs. Mainly because the camo seems to have a blue coloration which doesn't look right.
I did receive a response from Ameristep today:
ROBERT WE ARE LOOKING INTO THIS ,IT JUST TAKES SOME TIME
THANK YOU AMERISTEP

I think that means appreciate the input, you'll never hear from us.:bounce:

Actually, I think it means, "Thanks for your money, too bad." It is aggravating going through stuff like that!

Fishin & Hunting

I found that the poles on my doghouse blind where too long. Causing undo stress when put in place on the ceiling of the blind. I there for cut about a half a inch off one pole on each string. Problem solved.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
I found that the poles on my doghouse blind where too long. Causing undo stress when put in place on the ceiling of the blind. I there for cut about a half a inch off one pole on each string. Problem solved.

That makes sense. The top is very rigid when poles are in place. Excellent idea! Thanks!:cheers::cheers:

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV

That makes sense. The top is very rigid when poles are in place. Excellent idea! Thanks!:cheers::cheers:

Dear sir, F & H is neither an employee, nor a representative of Ameristep, therefore by cutting blind poles to a length where they will not be tearing the camo blind material will void our non-existant warranty. We seriously urge you not to, in anyway, manipulate length of poles. We spent thousands of dollars in our Product Development Lab to make sure idiots like yourself would never figure this out, and to continue buying our crappy product. Sincerely, HOQ (Head Of Quality control)

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV

Dear soon to be too broke to Fishin & Hunting, after consulting with our legal team we have a law suit pending against you for illegally tampering with a copyrighted crappy product, and for unsolicited counsultation with a consumer. We here at Ameristep are willing to settle this out of court (you come work for us), or we can drag this matter out for years to come, all the while still selling a very remarkable crappy product. Sincerely, HOQ (Head Of Questionable lawsuits)

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Dear sir, F & H is neither an employee, nor a representative of Ameristep, therefore by cutting blind poles to a length where they will not be tearing the camo blind material will void our non-existant warranty. We seriously urge you not to, in anyway, manipulate length of poles. We spent thousands of dollars in our Product Development Lab to make sure idiots like yourself would never figure this out, and to continue buying our crappy product. Sincerely, HOQ (Head Of Quality control)

Dear soon to be too broke to Fishin & Hunting, after consulting with our legal team we have a law suit pending against you for illegally tampering with a copyrighted crappy product, and for unsolicited counsultation with a consumer. We here at Ameristep are willing to settle this out of court (you come work for us), or we can drag this matter out for years to come, all the while still selling a very remarkable crappy product. Sincerely, HOQ (Head Of Questionable lawsuits)

I can't leave you alone for a minute, can I?:whip:

Fishin & Hunting

Hey, Quacker.

How much you reckon it will cost me to settle out of court?

ScottD

have you contacted them?

I had a doghouse blind that turned pink in the sun in one season - called them - they replaced it with a new one, no questions asked.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
I had a doghouse blind that turned pink in the sun in one season - called them - they replaced it with a new one, no questions asked.

Dear ScottD, DO WHATTTT????? Replaced it for free???? No questions asked?????? How can we continue to make money on our crappy product by giving it away??? Heads are going to roll for this one. Sincerely HOQ, (Head Of Questions asked)

whitworth

To Whom It May Concern

There is no warranty on these blinds, as some darn fools think they can keep the blinds exposed to the weather for more than two consecutive weeks.

Price of blind 2009 $125

Price of blind 2011 $ 625
Same great blind. Now guaranteed for those users who insist on 365 day exposure.