Abandoned Subdivisions

Chum

Close to my home there are about a half a dozen abandoned subdivisions that were going up before the housing market bubble burst, some of which are now completely bank owned. Is it illegal to hunt on this land? I imagine it is with out written permission from the bank...just seems like such a waste...

j_seph

Just hunt and don't get caught:O

Boar Hog

Just hunt and don't get caught:O

You just want to sit back and laugh when you read his next post about getting arrested for trespassing and hunting without permission. ::ke:

georgia_home

I wouldn't bet in getting permission. They'd most likely not want the the liability.

Thats even if you figured out who the RIGHT person is to ask.

Well, how do you go about getting permission from a bank? Would they grant it?

Cottontail

I have been leasing land like this for a couple years. Its hard to get in touch with the right people it may take several (8) phone calls before you find the owners. Most are outta state and make sure to let them know your willing to get insurance.

jdgator

I've seen that in south florida countless times. If you offer to pay some or all of the property taxes and get insurance the bank begins to take you real seriously. They want to minimize expenses.

harryrichdawg

I've got permission to hunt one close to the house, but there are so many "uninvited guests" that I don't even bother. The deer there are just as spooky as on public land.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
you have to have permission from the owner just like anywhere else.

T

swamp hunter

I did this for a couple of Years. Found one Owner who had 20 Acres somewhere in the Subdivision. Got permission from Him ...And just Hunted the entire place.
DNR stopped Me once and I told Him the 3 Hogs I had came from the 20 Acres.....Now He didn,t know where exactly that 20 Acres was, Niether did I . I even posted the roads leading into the area with a fake name on the Signs . Worked like gold till the State got all the land and made it a WMA .

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Go to the tax assesers office and there you will find out who owns th eland.

Correct. You can also do it online since most tax offices have the info available on line now.

Boar Hog

Is it even legal to hunt in an area zoned residential, which a subdivision surely is, abandoned or not. If not, I have access to several areas with my name on the building permits as the builder.

Last edited:

shakey gizzard

Is it even legal to hunt in an area zoned residential, which a subdivision surely is, abandoned or not. If not, I have access to several areas with my name on building the permits as the builder.
So when we goin?:pop:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Is it even legal to hunt in an area zoned residential, which a subdivision surely is, abandoned or not. If not, I have access to several areas with my name on building the permits as the builder.

what would that have to do with your ability to hunt it?

T