Roofing Question

georgiadawgs44

So I recently bought an pull behind trailer. It is a 2004 32' Forest River Rockwood Lite. It has a few issues but I got a really good deal on it. There is one place on the roof where a limb went through it. It was repaired but over time it is leaking again. There is also water coming in somewhere around the front wall as I see some minor water damage on that wall. I've got it covered with a tapr for now and have ordered several tubes of the self leveling roofing caulk. What I'd like to do after I seal all the seams and roof penetrations is coat the whole roof with something that will last. There seems to be many different product out there and some are quite pricey. I was wondering if anyone who had experience could recommend something that would be good and last. I only have $3000 in it and everything works but the stereo system. It has 2 slides and no issues there so I feel pretty good about it.
Also the built in stereo system doesn't work. It's the built in kind with a cut out that it slides into. I pulled it out and checked all the fuses and they are good. I was also able to determine that it's getting power. I checked and a replacement that would slide in and plug in to the existing wires is over $700. Any ideas on replacing it or getting it fixed that won't be so expensive? It really isn't that big a deal if it works but thought I'd ask. Thanks for any help you guys could provide.

WayneB

Google ABC Supply and get some EPDM seaming tape, they should have 7" and 14" in stock.
That will fix the punctured spot. Use acetone and/or zylene to clean surface prior to installing seam tape.
Self levelling caulk will be difficult to seal with on slopes, but it may work.
Wall to roof seam is the likely culprit, another area that seam tape may come in handy.
I'm assuming it's a fiberglass nose cap or wall with membrane roof?

Check gutter (drip edge) screws all the way around while you are chasing leaks, screws tend to back off, then rust. Common place for leaks.

WayneB

As for the stereo, yank it and toss it. Go to Wally world and get you a kraco. :)
Seriously, I generally junk 'em in the first couple of months and buy a midrange auto stereo with input leads to connect to a DVD player. (also disposable)

3ringer

Join a rv group forum like Georgia RV Camping on FB. You will get many more responses for your particular situation. Sounds like you got a good deal. I haven't ever used a roofing product so I can't help you there.

georgiadawgs44

Google ABC Supply and get some EPDM seaming tape, they should have 7" and 14" in stock.
That will fix the punctured spot. Use acetone and/or zylene to clean surface prior to installing seam tape.
Self levelling caulk will be difficult to seal with on slopes, but it may work.
Wall to roof seam is the likely culprit, another area that seam tape may come in handy.
I'm assuming it's a fiberglass nose cap or wall with membrane roof?

Check gutter (drip edge) screws all the way around while you are chasing leaks, screws tend to back off, then rust. Common place for leaks.
Thank you for responding. I will get some of that seam tape. It is a membrane roof. Looks like vinyl so not sure if I should coat the entire roof or not with it being that material. And yes, it is fiberglass walls.
Join a rv group forum like Georgia RV Camping on FB. You will get many more responses for your particular situation. Sounds like you got a good deal. I haven't ever used a roofing product so I can't help you there.

Thanks