Update on earlier thread...

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
1st of all, thanks for all the help in pointing me in the right direction on those two flint locks. After a good bit of digging on the net, I had a chance to spend some time at a friend's house in "Middle Bama". Before the trip he told me that his wife's uncle was really into gun collecting (as in he had 200 consecutive numbered 1911 .45's and such) and might be able to give me the fine points that I was looking for. I found out a BUNCH! Like not only do I have a bum leg, I'm also going blind. LOL! 1st thing he did was take them out doors so we could read all the writing that I'd never seen before. On the .75 cal. he showed me that it was indeed a Pedersoli Italy Brown Bess with a serial / barrel number and that the smaller one was a .50 cal. "Tennessee" made and signed by Jack Garner. The only markings was the signature on top of the barrel that showed like new money in the sun light.

Attachments

• 100_2410.jpg
    100_2410.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 103

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
From what I've found out, Mr. Garner had to retire and sell the company a few years ago due to health problems.

Darkhorse

Years ago Jack Garner sold Tennessee Valley Muzzleloading to Matt Avance, Then Jack opened Tennessee Valley Manufacturing. As far as I know he is still operating it.
His email is jackkgarner890@gmail.com. you might write and mention your rifle and maybe gain some insight on it. At the same time find out if Jack's still running that show.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Will do, thanks.