Ozone Generator

beginnersluck

Buying a house and thinking about using an ozone generator after cleaning the carpet to get out any leftover "odors" from previous owners. Was wondering any recommendations or advice from anyone who has one. Home Depot has a cheap one for $88 that is supposed to work up to 3000 sq ft.

shdw633

Buying a house and thinking about using an ozone generator after cleaning the carpet to get out any leftover "odors" from previous owners. Was wondering any recommendations or advice from anyone who has one. Home Depot has a cheap one for $88 that is supposed to work up to 3000 sq ft.

It works good for that. I have done it in my house which is 2900 sqft. Don't leave any pets behind and give your self plenty of time for it to run and then time for it to disperse after running. You will still have the odor of the ozone afterwards for a little while but when it's gone so are all the other odors. I ran mine for a couple of hours as I went to see a movie, then returned, opened up my doors and windows and went for a walk around my neighborhood for about thirty minutes and when I returned I was good to go. Don't do it too often because it will deteriorate your plastic and rubber items you have in the home. BTW, here is a link to the one I have which is less than the $88 you found and no tax.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Commer...305926&hash=item257ee0160c:g:XnQAAOSwYHxWOSkc

beginnersluck

Thank you. I know it does good for smoke odors, or at least have been told. I think I'll pick one up. If it doesn't work, then $60 ain't going to break me. Appreciate the feedback.