The NRA

one hogman

How did we go from the NRA to eating Bacon???:huh:, at least one old boy on here's been hitting the coolaid real regular, I bet his employees, IF he actually has any really love him!!:smash::smash:

one hogman

It seems this long thread started when mr steeleagle took issue with the NRA as they took away some of his "property rights".

When it comes to property rights mr steeleagle apparently has not heard of : planning commissions, zoning laws, building permits, building codes, and building inspectors.
If he has a business there is at least OSHA, EPA, ADA, and fire marshal.
Land in the country is nice too. Want to cut trees, talk to the div of forestry and perhaps fish and game.
Got a stream and want to dam it for a fish pond or swimming hole again see the div of forestry, EPA, fish and game and probably state dams and waterways.
Have wet lands, might as well give up on this one, everyone will shut you down here ---
So mr steeleagle does not have as many property rights as he seems to think but I don't think that i really his issue--

He really wants to control people. Property rights is just a smokescreen
He wants to control what is in their car and lunch pail, what they say and wear, how they cut their hair and anything else that comes to mind --

My first thought was he would welcome slavery but no, in order to protect his investment he would have to maintain their health and welfare, he would not wish to do that.

It appears he would really like to return to those exciting days of yesteryear and Serfdom -- YMMV

Well said!!:bounce:

tcward

Today is a great day to donate money to the NRA in response to the “March of our lives” protest! Who is in?

I'm a member, but I hate it when I get a letter from them every three months telling me my membership has expired. I know exactly when I need to renew. Wonder how many folks have renewed their membership every time they get one of those letters.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
This is scary. On my private property, I make the rules. If u say no blue cars.. So be it..... If I tell you, no guns... No guns. Should you not like my rules, go get another job.....again, the nra supports the government taking away rights from others for their own agenda. Tyranny.
I can certainly leave your property if I don’t like your rules.

The NRA has backed legislation that has restricted first amendment rights (See Florida) and private property rights (See Georgia and Florida).

Again......When an employee or anyone else drives onto my property, I set the rules......If I say no firearms, then no firearms.....My property.....my rules. You can go find another job. How can anyone be ok with a group getting the government to tell what (legal) activities can and cannot take place on said property.
But my car is my property. I can put a sign on my property that says no guns, if you pull up in my yard, I do not have any authority to go in your car and look for a gun.
This seems to be the point everyone is missing: First, I'm not taking away any 'freedoms' because what 'freedoms' you think you have end when you get onto my property (You have no freedom of speech, you have no 2a, you have no 4a). Second, I am not the government therefore I can't take away anything at the point of a gun.
The point you missed is the NRA didn’t take anyone’s rights. You have a right to say no guns allowed on your property. I have a right to tell you to stay out of my car, even if I’m on your property. You can make me leave, but you can’t force yourself in my car.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Sure he does. If he says no bacon on premesis and your bring it.....he can fire you.....Right to work state and all.

“Work at will” - You better be ready to prove some stuff too.

I had a fella that wore a medicine bag on his belt that didn’t meet the uniform requirements. His reasoning was that he was Indian and his religious belief was that he couldn’t get to heaven without it on.

Needless to say, that medicine bag became part of his uniform. When you fire him, you better make sure that you’ve documented legitimate reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with that medicine bag.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
“Work at will” - You better be ready to prove some stuff too.

I had a fella that wore a medicine bag on his belt that didn’t meet the uniform requirements. His reasoning was that he was Indian and his religious belief was that he couldn’t get to heaven without it on.

Needless to say, that medicine bag became part of his uniform. When you fire him, you better make sure that you’ve documented legitimate reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with that medicine bag.

Exactly, and the inverse with the "no bacon" policy by a Muslim boss will be challenged at some point. Discrimination based on religious beliefs works both ways. ;)

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Exactly, and the inverse with the "no bacon" policy by a Muslim boss will be challenged at some point. Discrimination based on religious beliefs works both ways. ;)

Yup. Some folks act before researching and it bites them.