2017-2018 WMA result in Excel

oldfatbubba

I've compiled the results from GA WMA deer hunts from 2011 to date into an Excel file, have previously shared it within the GA Public Access Hunting forum, but want to share it with this, larger group. Link follows.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!Aqj6OeDan6nOsxrN6IWLKManjhC3

The report provides overall success rates for WMAs as a whole as well as single WMA hunts. In addition to raw data from 2011 - date, it contains several prepared analyses that can be sliced and diced as you wish; Excel pivot table. All data comes from the DNR's database.

The report will first appear in a web-based version of Excel. Feel free to download the report with the understanding that I update it as the DNR updates their database. Feedback & suggestions are appreciated.

Regards,
Bubba

oldfatbubba

Final WMA deer hunting results from the 2017-2018 season have been updated in my report. It's not perfect - data from Allatoona and a few smaller hunts are missing and assumed lost. Regardless, it should serve as a good guide for those hunting on Georgia WMAs. Enjoy

BULL MOOSE

Thanks for sharing! Some of the success rates are dismal at best, but many quota hunters draw a tag and don’t attend too. Would love to see that graph for the quality deer only hunts.

oldfatbubba

Would love to see that graph for the quality deer only hunts.

Easily done. Under the Hunt Type filter, select all hunt type that begin with 'Q'. There are four of them:

- QBA - Quality Buck and Antlerless
- QBAL2D - Quality Buck and Antlerless on Last 2 days of hunt
- QBALD - Quality Buck and Antlerless on Last Day
- QBO - Quality Buck Only

The success rate for QBO hunts was only 2.2% last season. For all four categories, it was 10.6%.