Gunsmith Recomendation - Marietta?

I am an amateur shooter and have a mix of older guns given to me by my grandfather and father in-law. I have worked on one of these guns myself with mixed results. With the limited time I have in a year to hunt / use the fire arms (a couple of weekends a year), I have concluded that I am better off using a professional than trying to fix things myself. Do you guys have a gunsmith you recommend that is both good and reasonable? I live near the Marietta square and commute to the Perimeter area. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

My current needs are as follows:

30-06 - This gun was misfiring and trigger was very slow due to general buildup, I took it apart and cleaned. This resolved the misfiring and trigger issue, but now the safety will not work. Also, I need the scope mounts replaced or modified. The rails that the mounts attached to appear to be slightly smaller than what is customary for most riffles. This causes minor movements in the scope and results in the rifle to being off 6-12" at 100 yards.

12 Gauge Shotgun - This gun gets commonly jammed and all of mechanics are sluggish. Might just need to be taken apart and cleaned well, but I would rather have a professional do it so that I know it will work when I get the chance to go shoot.

Thank you!

ryanh487

Check out the guys at GA Firing Line on Canton Road. They do awesome work, but be sure to check their expected time frame as they are typically very, very busy.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Check out the guys at GA Firing Line on Canton Road. They do awesome work, but be sure to check their expected time frame as they are typically very, very busy.

I 2nd this

cmshoot

Deer Creek Gunshop in Marietta, on Fairground Street. If you live near the Square, they’re 5 minutes from you.

Klondike

Deer Creek

Father / son shop with experience on many different types of firearms / old and new.

If you are having a long range bolt action rifle McDonald at Adventure Outdoors does good work

leoparddog

Older guns? Deer Creek Gunshop in Marietta, on Fairground Street.