Gatlinburg Anakeesta Chair Lift Ride

PappyHoel

Don't do it! The experience ended with my wife calling the police on an employee and a customer brandishing a firearm. Meanwhile we were hanging on the lift about 4 seats from landing watching the whole thing unfold. The police arrived in 1 min from every direction.

That was the grand finale.

We payed $80 for 2 adults and 2 little girls to go to the top and look at 3 shops and 90% unfinished shops.

We are going to the comedy barn tonight, I'm sure that's better.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
don't know how you could top that excitement.

Patriot44

Banned
Did you have to pay extra for that? I am all in on people watching, sounds like you had a front row seat... :bounce:

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Don't do it! The experience ended with my wife calling the police on an employee and a customer brandishing a firearm. Meanwhile we were hanging on the lift about 4 seats from landing watching the whole thing unfold. The police arrived in 1 min from every direction.

That was the grand finale.

We payed $80 for 2 adults and 2 little girls to go to the top and look at 3 shops and 90% unfinished shops.

We are going to the comedy barn tonight, I'm sure that's better.

They have a road that goes to the shops you know. ::ke:::ke:::ke:

Take them gals to the Aquarium up there. It is surprisingly impressive.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Pap, you have about the worst luck of anybody I know. Do you ever have a good day?

GunnSmokeer

Details on the employee and the gun-waving customer, please.

PappyHoel

Pap, you have about the worst luck of anybody I know. Do you ever have a good day?

We actually had a good time :) and a memory that we will talk about forever.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
If it gets worse, you can always go over to the fake moonshine place and get plastered on those samples.

PappyHoel

This. Let's hear it pap.

From what we could see, the employee was being held back from another employee. There was also another employee holding the customer back. We were still in the lift coming down, almost down. There was screaming and cussing. When we got down the employee and customer were still having words and being restrained.

We skedadled to the parking lot and the police came. They asked what happen and we told them. Then another family came up to us/police and said the customer was showing his pistol in his waist band. They were getting ready to get on the ride when it went down in front of them. They ran too. Police ran to the chairlift.

The mtn man

If it gets worse, you can always go over to the fake moonshine place and get plastered on those samples.

Yep, I went home with some hazelnut flavored, it's great in coffee, but that's about it. The straight rye was good.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Were there "No weapons" signs posted..or was this a snowflake meltdown?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
From what we could see, the employee was being held back from another employee. There was also another employee holding the customer back. We were still in the lift coming down, almost down. There was screaming and cussing. When we got down the employee and customer were still having words and being restrained.

We skedadled to the parking lot and the police came. They asked what happen and we told them. Then another family came up to us/police and said the customer was showing his pistol in his waist band. They were getting ready to get on the ride when it went down in front of them. They ran too. Police ran to the chairlift.

And people say there's nothing fun to do in Tennessee.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: