Flu shots......... any stories or opinions???

PappyHoel

I haven't got one in about 10 years I used to when I didn't know any better. For instance this past year the vaccine was only nominally effective at 35-40%. Also the flu strain changes rapidly. The vaccine people may be solving for A and then C pops up. You can't cover for all strains and yet your shooting your body full of crap.

I didn't say I would never get one. Maybe when I'm older and high risk.

specialk

only had a couple in my life....my wife is allergic to them.....

Bigmonk96

Only once, got a free shot at work about 10 years ago -- never had the flu,so I figure it must still be working:)

I'm 68 and never had a colonoscopy either ( hardheaded what my wife says**) but when my doctor told me his 83 year old mother would not get one either,I laughed and told him ___ if she would,I would ***

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I took my last one about 15 years ago.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Only once, got a free shot at work about 10 years ago -- never had the flu,so I figure it must still be working:)

I'm 68 and never had a colonoscopy either ( hardheaded what my wife says**) but when my doctor told me his 83 year old mother would not get one either,I laughed and told him ___ if she would,I would ***

don't pass up the colonoscopy... take it from a cancer survivor. You don't want to mess around with dealing with cancer when it can totally be avoided with this simple procedure. The worst part of the whole thing is drinking the stuff to make you go potty. They put you to sleep for the procedure, and when you wake up, it is all over. You might have some gas for a day or so, but that will pass...lol

and most of the time your insurance will cover it as preventive treatment, and it won't cost you anything to go to it.

ngadeerhunter1969

Flu shot? Never again. I took it every year because insurance paid for it and everyone said I "need it". I educated myself on the shot this year and never will I ever let them inject that poison into me. If I die from the flu, it was my time to go.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
As far as being exposed to the flu, or pretty much anything, most of ya`ll are probably around more people in one day than I am in a year.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Had flu shot once. Had flu once.....later that season. Count me out.

Redbow

I have had the flu one time in my life, it was bad to say the least. I have taken flu shots a few times but not in the last several years. If you stay away from people as much as you can you won't be sick nearly as often, I found that out when I retired..Another good place to get something is at a gas station. Just think about how many people touch that nozzle each day, wash your hands after pumping gas..

Dub

It is almost the flu season. I have taken the flu shot every autumn for many years. I have always worked where my employer offered the shot for free to all employees.................Until last year that is, I missed getting the shot and in December I got the flu for the first time in my life. I darn near died (no joke). I was not able to leave the house for a full week, I only left to go to the doctors office.

I will not miss taking the shot ever again. I am a believer and feel the shots work.

How do you feel about the shot. Anyone got any horror stories or Praise stories.

MM

Get one every year. Didn't get the flu the past dozen years.

Missed getting one this year.

Got the flu & strep throat this year same weekend. Miserable and very costly as everyone in the house was treated with the Tamiflu & other meds at $150+ per person.

The flue shot would have been free.

Yeah....I'll never miss one again.

GA1dad

Got a flu shot twice in my life,, got the flu within a week each time,,,,, I'll pass now.

BeerThirty

I have ALWAYS got the flu shot in the past since it was a free benefit at work. Never got the flu, but would still get a couple viral colds and sinus infections.

Since then, I have not had a flu shot in the past 3-years and, interestingly enough, I haven't even had a cold or sinus infection during that time. Doubtful they're related, but still a bizarre coincidence... Now to go find some wood to knock on...

I will continue to take the risk of not getting a flu shot, but I still believe young children need to get it.

ngadeerhunter1969

Got a flu shot twice in my life,, got the flu within a week each time,,,,, I'll pass now.

The flu shot takes at least two weeks to start being effective. There are reasons for not getting it but getting the flu within one week of having the shot isnt really one :)

tree cutter 08

Never had a flu shot and never will. Got the flu when as a young kid. Got it a few years back when wife and kids had it. They went and got there shots and within a week were all sick for a week. I came down with it but after a day was much better and went back to work. They don't get one anymore after that.

BIGABOW

Required to take it here. 2011-2014 had to take it then as well, got sick with the flu 2 of the 3 years more than once. Home for almost 3 years and never even got the sniffles and NO SHOT. Came back in August, and in September I had that crap for 2 weeks. If I could go without it I would.