Gaswamp put me on my first bird yesterday.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
We set up about 4 and saw a hen and then around 5-530 we saw a jake with a hen, swamp talked to them but they weren’t interested. About 715 we decided to ease out to the field we were near and glass it, we saw two hens, a jake and way off a Tom with jake. That gobbler got us excited, so we went to scrambling to get set up. I crawled over to the edge of the pines hoping to not spook the hen that was close and swamp stayed back so he could call. I’m down and can’t see nothing but the hen, but that old Tom tosses out a gobble every now and then. Swamp whispers he’s coming this way he’s just moving slow. Last time I saw him he was at 300 yards or so. The hen gets to about 20 yards and finally feeds off, that’s when the Tom gets excited. I finally get eyes on him, him and the jake are on a mission. Gaswamp is talking to them and they can’t stand it, here they come stopping every so often to try to put eyes on that lonely hen. They get to 48 steps and the deal is done, 21 pounds, 11 inch beard and 1.25 spurs.
Thanks Gaswamp, got my oldest boy his first bird this year and now me. It’s been a great season!

Attachments

• ADB35B3E-A88B-47A5-AB54-6FFBBFC3B7A1.png
    ADB35B3E-A88B-47A5-AB54-6FFBBFC3B7A1.png
    926.8 KB · Views: 702

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Congratulations fireman. You and your son have had a great season and made memories that will last a lifetime.

You da man swamp.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Congrats to you and your son. And it sounds like Gaswamp has been good to y'all.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Thanks, it has been a good year. My oldest has shot his first deer and turkey. I shot my biggest buck and first turkey this year too. All that’s left is to get my youngest on the board. Little history on Gaswamp, met him when I was in high school and lost touch after that for some years. Wound up going to the same church and he became a youth mentor to my oldest son. We both love the outdoors and he has been instrumental in introducing many kids to the outdoors. I live and breathe deer hunting, but he has introduced us to turkeys and We may be hooked. He’s a pretty selfless guy. Hope my boys realize how fortunate they are for these opportunities.

mossyoakpro

Awesome! Congrats on your first one...you will always remember it.

Worlldbeater

Way to go. At 47 steps ya made a good shot. Wait until you call your first one in by yourself, then you are gonna be hooked.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Congrats and a another congrats to Gaswamp for donating his time and helping out a fellow hunter.

Gadget

Congrats on your first gobbler

This Gaswamp sounds like a nice guy.....maybe he can put me on one too?

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Don’t get much better than that , congrats !

wvdawg

Staff member
Congrats on a fine bird! Joe - you da man!:clap:

Gaswamp

Congrats on your first gobbler

This Gaswamp sounds like a nice guy.....maybe he can put me on one too?

well I would but I'm skeered of the Paparazzi following the famous around...seems like I remember you was famous in Hollywood in duh old days.:yeah:

good to hear from you Rick...lets do get together one of these days.

Gadget

Haha........Team Hollywood, the good ole days.
Yeah lets get together, that would be fun.