Your Child - Mission Trip

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Maybe after college but no offense she is dang picky. She doesn't even have a boyfriend now. She says she is to busy for one which is mostly true.

School, work and church are her main loves right now.

I hope she stays that way at least til she gets a degree. I have tried my best to convince my daughter that is the best thing, and so far, she is believing me. She is a sophomore this year in college.

Swamprat

Swamprat

ripplerider

My daughter met a young man from Kentucky while on a mission trip to Ecuador. They continued to talk back and forth after they returned to the States which suited me just fine as a long-distance boyfriend gave me less to worry about. To make a long story short, he moved to Atlanta where she lived after graduation, rented his own place, courted her like a gentleman, and married her 18 months later. I am blessed to have him as a son-in-law. I feel like God used that mission trip to bring two kindred souls together who would never have met otherwise.

dawgwatch

I have been to Honduras 3 times doing mission work and the last trip I took my 14yr old daughter and will be going back in November. Letting her go without me would have been next to impossible at 14. Being true with fathers is the fact that we are supposed to be the protectors, that is what God expects us to be, which makes to decisions so hard. When she turns 18, I hope I can release her to make some hard life choices. What I can tell you is this, her week in Honduras ministering and serving others has truly changed her outlook on life and how she deals with things. We are a blessed people here in the USA and most kids do not have any clue how others have to live. Get to know the people she is going with not just over the phone but on a personal level. Nothing better than realizing that you are doing what God called you to do. I can't explain it to you, but when she returns you will be glad she went.