Augusta Can't Handle The Air Traffic For The Master's Tournament This Afternoon...

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I see that the Augusta Airport has requested that incoming and outgoing flights be held for over an hour due to problems in handling all of this increased air traffic. Of course, they also have to monitor all flights in and out of the Daniel Field Municipal Airport as well.

They are just over-loaded at this point.

I don't think that I would want to be flying around the Augusta skies this week due to all of this "cluster" going on. :banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

Unfortunately all of the planes that you see below are all being routed in and out by the same control tower and it is double trouble as these two airports are really in close proximity to each other.

Green planes on this screen shot are outgoing and Blue ones are inbound to the main Augusta Regional Airport and the Daniel Field Augusta Municipal Airport.

The second screen shot down below is the DANIEL FIELD MUNICIPAL AIRPORT which is just a few miles from the Golf Course. So just add all of these planes together and I surely hope that they can get them all in and out of Augusta safely.

Attachments

• Master's Air Traffic in Augusta  4-4-18.jpg
    Master's Air Traffic in Augusta 4-4-18.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 407
  • DANIEL FIELD MUNICIPAL AIRPORT TRAFFIC  4-4-18.png
    DANIEL FIELD MUNICIPAL AIRPORT TRAFFIC 4-4-18.png
    667.6 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Economy is good

Fuzzy, you are right about that fact. There has not been this kind of air traffic for several years now during Master's Week. I understand from the Golf Channel announcers and other personnel that it has a lot to do with Tiger Woods playing again this year.

I have seen several jets actually make 2 and 3 complete round trips from South Florida to Augusta during the past couple of days too. This year, there are a lot of really large jets as well flying from all over the country as well. I just saw one flying out of Canada heading this way a few minutes ago.

It amazes me that lots of these sleek jets can fly at speeds in excess of 650 mph too.

I am currently seeing things that I have never seen happen with the air traffic control guys during Master's Week as they have actually slowed down a lot of the incoming planes from flights that should normally take 1 hr and 20 minutes to get to Augusta are now taking 2 hrs and 8 minutes. I bet some of the jets and lots of these really fast twin engine Turbo-Prop planes such as the Beechcraft King Air 350 models now feel as though they are walking through the clouds at this much lower air speed. Heck, even these King Air 350's can fly at 440 mph.

Last edited:
Back in '87 or '88 I landed there for an overnight with two Army helicopters the week after the Masters. Nice place with friendly folks! :flag:

Oldstick

Wonder how many of them (sports media included) are headed home tomorrow evening????

:pop:

:smash:

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Where are you getting that screen shot from?

This website is called flightaware.com and you can click on the link below (THIS LINK IS SET UP FOR AUGUSTA'S REGIONAL AIRPORT which is KAGS) and it will show you just what planes are in the air above you or even anywhere across the country. When you get used to using the airport codes, you can check most any flight as such. On the screen-shot above, it shows Green color planes as being the outbound flights from that airport and the Blue color planes as the incoming flights to that airports.

When you see the planes on the screen-shot, all you have to do is zoom in and click on a certain plane and it immediately show you various details of that flight, etc. It also shows you most every detail about the plane involved such as:

Owner of plane (Delta, Southwest, individuals or various corporations)
Type of plane
Air speed
In flight elevation
Time of takeoff
Estimated time of arrival

These airport links are like :

AGS --- for Augusta's main commercial airport
DNL --- for Augusta's municipal airport (Daniel Field)
ATL --- for Atlanta's Main airport
CAE --- for Columbia's Main airport
CLT --- For Charlotte's main airport
IAH --- For Houston's main Intercontinental airport
HOU --- For Houston Downtown airport (Hobby airport)
SAV --- Savannah's main airport

https://flightaware.com/live/airport/KAGS

You would be amazed just who is flying overhead at any given moment too. You will also be amazed as just how fast some of these jets can fly too (such as 650-680 mph). What most people don't realize is the fact that each plane is tracked in flight and the GPS coordinates are noted for EVERY MINUTE of their flight. For security reasons, this flight information is purposely delayed approximately 5-7 minutes too. Please be advised that this will NOT show any governmental, military, LEO, or the owners of any private aircraft that utilized their the ability to block this information from the public.

My late girlfriend and I used to use this to track my flights into Houston and she could track me all the way from Augusta to Atlanta and text me which gate that I was arriving and also tell me what gate my flight from Atlanta to Houston was departing from as well. This was really helpful to me as I didn't have to stop and find one of the "boards" for that information. I have used it for several years now and I can easily see the screen for a couple of seconds and and click on a plane and know immediately where it departed from and also the destination of it. You would not believe just how many UPS and FED-EX planes take off around 5 AM each morning from Louisville, Kentucky or Memphis and head all over the world.

During the week of the Master's Golf Tournament, the air traffic increasing 100 times here in the Augusta area. :D:D:D:pop::pop:

Last edited:

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
I know one private that you can't locate/track . .

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I know one private that you can't locate/track . .

Yep, he likes to fly "under the radar" so that nobody can keep track of his whereabouts !!!! Smart man for sure !!!!!

He does have a really sleek looking jet for sure. He hasn't let you be the pilot yet has he ???????

Attachments

• TED'S JET.jpg
    TED'S JET.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 202

NOYDB

BANNED
When I lived in Memphis, where I worked was under the flight path of the Fedex planes. On a clear night you could see them stacked up staging for landings. This was during the late eighties and the pilots were ex Viet Nam military flyers. They were hot dogs and fun to watch.

Dub

Can't handle the ground traffic that week, either.

Interesting resource you posted. Thanks.