What did I do wrong and will he be roosted there tomorrow?

PappyHoel

Hen

Big7

The Oracle
Will be back today at 5:30, thanks again guys great info here.

Best bet, IMO, would be wait until morning. ;)

He's been running today.

Be hot-to-trot bout' daylight.

sowgabuckstalker

Best bet, IMO, would be wait until morning. ;)

He's been running today.

Be hot-to-trot bout' daylight.

Again, in morning I couldnt stay but from 630 till about 750, just hate even going knowing I cant stay longer than that. But given I know where he is, that will hopfully be plenty of time :D Thoughts?

blindhog

I have had success in close to the roost by letting him gobble, being quiet, and do your best to wait till you think it is fly down time but before he flies down.

I would flap my hat on my leg a few times to make it sound like a hen flew down, then just scratch and maybe, just maybe a soft cluck.
If he doesn't fly to you and you hear/see him fly down give him one round of excited clucks and go quiet. He'll likely come in strutting.
BUT if he has another real hen in his sights no guarantees! LOL

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
He autta be around tomorrow
Get 100 yards from him in the direction he flew.
Just let him know a hen is there first light, nothing more

baddave

Again, in morning I couldnt stay but from 630 till about 750, just hate even going knowing I cant stay longer than that. But given I know where he is, that will hopfully be plenty of time :D Thoughts?

i hope you'll be ok being late for that meeting.. that's not much time .. what if you have to get up and leave?hmmm. yep turkey hunting at it's finest;)

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I shot one so dark I could barely see him. He was about to launch. He gobbled coming to roost though.
Hurry back with some turkey pics. lol

Swamprat

Swamprat
Yep, go back but there is no guarantee he is roosted in the same area. Hens or disturbances could cause him to roost elsewhere.

The thing with turkeys is every day is different.

Booner Killa

He should be getting right by now. Be a little more aggressive with him. Call a little more to him and see how he reacts. Hens are becoming fewer and fewer at this point.

sowgabuckstalker

Update***

Gottem. Same spot this post was about at 12 pm today, double both 11 plus beards, inch and a quarter spurs. One has a kicker beard about 7 inches.

Came in together quiet, looking for love.

Will post pics later.

Attachments

• Turkey April 22.jpg
    Turkey April 22.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 104
  • Turkey April 22 2.jpg
    Turkey April 22 2.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Permitchaser

Do what blindhog said. Make him think your flying down. heck do 2 fly downs each with cackels as you flap. If you hear him fly down then give it to him, excited yelps, cuts to get him going your way. Then if he starts coming your way talk to him a little to keep him coming
Good luck!

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Gottem. Same spot this post was about at 12 pm today, double both 11 plus beards, inch and a quarter spurs. One has a kicker beard about 7 inches.

Came in together quiet, looking for love.

Will post pics later.

Glad to see you finally got that rascal. And his buddy. lol. You deserve it for the effort. Congrats. Great birds.