Status
Not open for further replies.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
41* here was the high

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
41* here was the high

30 was our high at about 1:30. It's 25 now with 80% humidity and it's gonna be low teens by morning. I'm taking my 7 year old to sit in a blind tomorrow. Gonna have the Buddy heater fired up!

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
how loud is the buddy heater?

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
38° for a high here today, south of ATL.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
You aint kiddin... 33 was the high here today! Love love love it!

25 for a high here today. Hate it hate it. Teens for a high tomorrow. I'll take skeeters and sweat any day. Supposed to be about 9 tonight with gusty winds. The ground is white here now, winter weather advisory, and the roads are solid ice with wrecks all over. Looks like we're literally not going to get above freezing all week. Down to about zero at night a couple nights. I don't see how in the world ya'll love this dead, gray, frozen mess? You can have it. I'll take green leaves, biting fish, and warm sunshine, myself. :)

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
25 for a high here today. Hate it hate it. Teens for a high tomorrow. I'll take skeeters and sweat any day. Supposed to be about 9 tonight with gusty winds. The ground is white here now, winter weather advisory, and the roads are solid ice with wrecks all over. Looks like we're literally not going to get above freezing all week. Down to about zero at night a couple nights. I don't see how in the world ya'll love this dead, gray, frozen mess? You can have it. I'll take green leaves, biting fish, and warm sunshine, myself. :)

Move to The Forgotten Coast. :D

Just as soon as I can find an acre or two at a reasonable price, in an area along that stretch that suits my needs and criteria, I`ll live there part time.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Fish are still biting.:fine:

Not here. They were down in SC this week. Stripers and crappie anyway. The durn creek is about froze over here. You could probably catch one in a couple hours of soaking a nightcrawler. :)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Move to The Forgotten Coast. :D

Just as soon as I can find an acre or two at a reasonable price, in an area along that stretch that suits my needs and criteria, I`ll live there part time.

If you'll buy me a place down there, I'll come and stay all winter and head back to my beloved mountains in the springtime. :D

Water Swat

Im with the hillbilly. Hate the cold. Cept to hunt in a little. Even then rather it just be cool. Work out in it every day and youll hate it too. Id rather sweat. Did catch some fish on the nantahala this week. And will be back tuesday.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Im with the hillbilly. Hate the cold. Cept to hunt in a little. Even then rather it just be cool. Work out in it every day and youll hate it too. Id rather sweat. Did catch some fish on the nantahala this week. And will be back tuesday.

I fished the Nant once when it was 14 degrees. My felt soles froze to the rocks if I stood in one place very long. You might just be there when it's even colder if you go Tuesday.

Water Swat

I fished the Nant once when it was 14 degrees. My felt soles froze to the rocks if I stood in one place very long. You might just be there when it's even colder if you go Tuesday.

Ive bounced big wooly boogers off the bottom of the river several times when there was ice coming across from both sides nearly meeting in the middle. I love going up there in the cold.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Until further notice we, the weather geeks, are suspending all forecast until next year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Happy New Year Amigo, DDD, Malak, etc., appreciate all of you fellows here keeping us informed.

:cheers:

Lukikus2

Happy New Year! I hear Jacksonville is going to get 2" of snow. Find out what happened next year ::gone:

3ringer

Loving this cold weather. I haven’t been skeeter bit in 3 months. I can’t stand having to spray myself head to toe with skeeter repellent just to go get the mail. Why did Noah have to let those two skeeters onboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.