first hog this season

guess

me and my wife were hog hunting this evening ,seems like everywhere we went there were hogs, but the weeds and brush were so thick I couldn't see them just hear them and smell them! well as I was setting in one spot waiting for one I could hear to expose itself one slipped in from downwind of me and didn't know I was there! I spun around and busted it with the 7 mag .I went to find my wife and we went back to look for the hog.thing is we had a very poor flashlight and it was getting dark .we got to were I shot the hog and next thing I know hogs were all the way around us! now if they could have smelt us we wouldn't have had such a dilemma cause they would have hauled butt. however we were both wearing clothes washed ,in "no scents at all",we both had bathed in it,and my wife stepped in dog poop so I made her spray off her shoes with the scent elimination spray! so they never knew we were there! but we got out without getting ate and found the hog!115 pound sow!
220061.jpg

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Good deal Guess !!!

Now go back and shoot ALL the others too. :)

MM

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
first hog

Sounds like a good place to bowhunt hogs. I have my best with a bow hanging on the wall. Got him in 1975 with one arrow on St. Vincents Island off the panhandle of Florida. He dressed 212, has 3 1/2" tusk, nice sharpeners and not a chip on any of them. A very old boar as his molars are all worn smooth almost to the gums. I call him "Herman" and he hangs in my trophy room with a railroad engineers cap on. I remember the day, took a buck that day too. Old hog hunters smell funny.... :type: