Rogers Bridge Park Fishing?

Hi all,

I just bought a home near Rogers Bridge park and I have scoped the river access and have some questions. First of all I am new to river fishing. But want to learn. I noticed Rogers Bridge park has a stepped entry point for canoes and what not. The water seems deep in this area and wading doesn't look to be an option. When river fishing in deeper parts of the river what technique is best? Is it worth it to fish in deeper parts of the river?

Just a little guidance would be appreciated. The river at this park is literally in my backyard so I am hoping some decent fishing is around there!

injun joe

Gone But Not Forgotten
A float tube or boat (even a canoe or kayak) is the way to go. While the river is pretty tame at lower levels, do not be lulled into a false sense of security. People lose their lives every year on the Hooche in this area.
After you get a feel for the river, their are numerous places between the dam and Rogers that are suitable for wading. The best bet would be to get with someone who fishes around the dam or McGinnis on a regular basis. The fishing is fantastic and the turnover of the lake has just finished up.
NGTO is a good website to hook up with other anglers.
Good luck!

I went back to the river Sunday and the water was about shin deep. I guess I saw the river during a release time in my original post. Wow. What a difference. Now that I have seen it I'll definitely be wary of it!

injun joe

Gone But Not Forgotten
Let us know how you do.
Are you going to fly or spin fish?

Spin at first. I need to get to the bass pro shop and get me a beginners fly set to learn how. Now that I have the perfect place to practice!