Corn Stealing Raccoons

frankwright

are raiding my pig feeders. I have had eight at once.

I asked the landowner about a trapper or hunter to come in and thin them out but he is real particular and I am lucky to be able to hunt there.
If I wanted to try some traps I saw, dog proof coon traps and put around my feeder, I guess I would be trapping and I assume that requires a license?

I have never trapped anything and just want the coons thinned down or gone.

I guess it would be legal to sit out there all night and try to shoot some.

They are destructive as heck too, chewing through wires and everything.

Wanderlust

Got a buddy that adds a cup full of diesel to a five gallon bucket of corn. He says hogs love it and it keeps all the other critters in the woods from eating it. Have not tried it my self. I need something to add to corn to keep the hogs from eating and not the deer.

transfixer

I thought there was some sort of mention of Raccoons in the hunting regulations ? But I don't see any mention of them being game or non-game ? So are there no rules whatsoever on hunting them ?

Wanderlust

I thought there was some sort of mention of Raccoons in the hunting regulations ? But I don't see any mention of them being game or non-game ? So are there no rules whatsoever on hunting them ?

They are considered small game. Illegal to hunt over bait.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Got a buddy that adds a cup full of diesel to a five gallon bucket of corn. He says hogs love it and it keeps all the other critters in the woods from eating it. Have not tried it my self. I need something to add to corn to keep the hogs from eating and not the deer.

I have also heard that fact too BUT I have never tried it either. I am just glad that the hogs have finally left my property for about 18 months now.

Of course, I have over a dozen raccoons roaming my property 24/7/365 unfortunately and they LOVE corn too as they will try to vacuum it up before any deer have a chance to eat any.

timetohunt

You betcha Nick I use them all the time. They work like a charm. The coons are bad about getting into my corn from the deer feeder, birdfeeders and they love my cantilopes and melons in my garden.