The GrandDaddy Of All Go Dawgs Thread Take 6!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hey Bitter lets try some of that 16 oz coke botle fishing sometimes.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
Hey Bitter lets try some of that 16 oz coke botle fishing sometimes.

I like to fill my 16 oz coke bottle with a little EW when I go fishing.

Bitteroot

Polar Bear Moderator
I like to fill my 16 oz coke bottle with a little EW when I go fishing.

You need to get you some of the 90 proof Wellers I was tellin you about... you'd throw rocks at that EW...;)

Attachments

• 250px-W_L_Weller.jpg
    250px-W_L_Weller.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 282

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
You need to get you some of the 90 proof Wellers I was tellin you about... you'd throw rocks at that EW...;)

I see it's made at the Buffalo Trace distillery, if it's anything like BT, I'll like it.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sounds like Martin and Bitter would make it disappear too, if it had the right thing in it.:biggrin2:

riprap

Sounds like Martin and Bitter would make it disappear too, if it had the right thing in it.:biggrin2:

They like jugging in winter. If the fish don't bite, at least they have an excuse to go retrieve their cold bottle.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
They like jugging in winter. If the fish don't bite, at least they have an excuse to go retrieve their cold bottle.

I got a leash for my bottle when I go wading around those cold north GA creeks. :D

Last edited:

Bitteroot

Polar Bear Moderator
I catch crappie at West Point that will easily pull that 16oz bottle out of sight.:banana:

I doubt that....:poke: :bounce: you hold the bottle in your hand.. it is the rod and reel... If it pulls my 255 lb butt outa the boat... I'm in the wrong body of water!!:rofl:

The only bottle I've found that works like that is the Coke Bottles because of the hour glass shape. They wrap a length of line around it and pinch it near the weight or jig. A good underhand toss away it goes.
It is cool though to watch em cast that thing...but the retrieve ratio is 1 to 1 no matter what you do....

Last edited:

Bitteroot

Polar Bear Moderator
Currently pay $10 for a fifth.... and $20 for a half gallon... best value I've found in a while on KY Bourbon! :cool:

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yall got me hungry for fish now, think I will go snag some Red Horse, gash em up, and fry me a mess of them. I might even have a 16 oz miller lite with them. That and some hush puppies.

BlackSmoke

Man how I've missed this drivel :)

Dawgs three-peat as SEC East champs this year, edging LSU in Atlanta to get in the NC against Oscar Meyer...

Muddyfoots

Retired Administrator
Yall got me hungry for fish now, think I will go snag some Red Horse, gash em up, and fry me a mess of them. I might even have a 16 oz miller lite with them. That and some hush puppies.

I cooked some red horse and pond suckers last weekend. Sho' was good.

riprap

I doubt that....:poke: :bounce: you hold the bottle in your hand.. it is the rod and reel... If it pulls my 255 lb butt outa the boat... I'm in the wrong body of water!!:rofl:

The only bottle I've found that works like that is the Coke Bottles because of the hour glass shape. They wrap a length of line around it and pinch it near the weight or jig. A good underhand toss away it goes.
It is cool though to watch em cast that thing...but the retrieve ratio is 1 to 1 no matter what you do....

There was some amigos fishing this way where lake acworth spills into allatoona. I was in my boat. I actually caught an ultralight. I offered it to them, but they didn't want it.:rofl:

I still use the reel off of it.:cool:

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I cooked some red horse and pond suckers last weekend. Sho' was good.

This time of year the river gets crystal clear up here and we can "clear water" snag with treble hooks. It is fun and we get get red horse, white suckers, pink fin, and catfish are legal too. Just dont fall in when is is 20 degress though, it's not fun, believe me.

Muddyfoots

Retired Administrator
This time of year the river gets crystal clear up here and we can "clear water" snag with treble hooks. It is fun and we get get red horse, white suckers, pink fin, and catfish are legal too. Just dont fall in when is is 20 degress though, it's not fun, believe me.

Yeah, that's how we do it...:biggrin2::rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.