Hammered them on the creek

fish hawk

Bass Master
shoaliestalker his dad and myself went on a fun but long float trip Sat,9 hours.I lost count of how many fish I caught.I don't know if shoaliestalker kept up with how many he caught but all of us done good.We caught a bunch of average sized shoal bass,a few nice largemouths and a few spotted bass.....I was wore out but had fun and thankfully we beat a thunderstorm off the creek.
We got a real good thunderstorm thru here yesterday that should do the creek some good.

Last edited:

fish hawk

Bass Master
Suppose to be some cooler weather coming in next week.
I'll be glad!!!:cool:

Attachments

• DSCN8107.JPG
    DSCN8107.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 8,312
  • DSCN7924.JPG
    DSCN7924.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 8,268
  • DSCN7947.JPG
    DSCN7947.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 8,319
  • DSCN8014.JPG
    DSCN8014.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 8,232
  • DSCN8112.JPG
    DSCN8112.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 8,288

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
That is my kind of fishing. You can enjoy a creek like that even when the fish are not biting. I could do without Mr no shoulders though.

fish hawk

Bass Master
Awesome fish as always!! Thanks for the pics!! :)
Thanks man!!!

That is my kind of fishing. You can enjoy a creek like that even when the fish are not biting. I could do without Mr no shoulders though.

Told you I was gonna get knee deep in a creek today and try to forget about that game yesterday.
It's one of the most relaxing way to fish for me.Just me,the snakes and turtles.:bounce:

Attachments

• DSCN8128.JPG
    DSCN8128.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 8,071
  • DSCN8125.JPG
    DSCN8125.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 8,059
  • DSCN8123.JPG
    DSCN8123.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 8,156
  • DSCN8119.JPG
    DSCN8119.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 8,153

DSGB

Nice couple days on the creek! I see you stopped at the stop sign (last pic). :bounce:

fish hawk

Bass Master
Nice couple days on the creek! I see you stopped at the stop sign (last pic). :bounce:

It was actually kinda slow on the creek,for numbers anyways.Water was up and muddy from the recent rains.I had to scratch and claw for the ones I caught,making multiple cast from different angles to places I knew should hold fish.That little section of shoals is not nearly as good as it use to be.Last years rains really pushed a lot of sand in there making it really shallow.

DSGB

I caught my first shoalie (and a few others) in the hole just above that set, but couldn't find any there on our last trip.

Sweetwater

Love creek fishing. Thanks for sharing.

fish hawk

Bass Master
East winds sux!!!

Me and a friend hit the creek yesterday.We put in around 11:30 and finished up around 7:30.It was kinda slow to start with,we caught some fish but getting a decent one was tough.They turned on pretty good in the late afternoon but by that time we had just about run out of water to fish.I was sure glad to see the takeout because the mosquitoes got so bad I could feel them trying to lift me up and carry me off. I didn't take a lot of pics on this trip but I caught one nice one,my buddy got him a couple nice ones and had a sure nuff one get off.
My buddy kept on saying there's a moccasin, there's another and another....I told him yea we got em!!!:rofl:

Attachments

• DSCN8130.JPG
    DSCN8130.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,908
Last edited:

fish hawk

Bass Master
I was off today so I made it back out on the creek this afternoon.They were biting pretty good but no real big ones,lost a couple that felt pretty nice but sometimes it's hard to tell on those shoalies as they are bar room brawlers once you hook em.I fished a 4in. junebug lizard.
Had a couple guys come up on me today in a canoe.I don't know what they were up to but they were acting mighty suspicious.They didn't have any fishing poles and as I was talking with the older of the fellers he was so nervous he was plum shuttering.When I got back to the launch there wasn't another vehicle there only mine.I know they had to have been dropped off because they were paddling up the creek.:confused:

Attachments

• DSCN8156.JPG
    DSCN8156.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,885
  • DSCN8152.JPG
    DSCN8152.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 1,930
  • DSCN8147.JPG
    DSCN8147.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,847
  • DSCN8145.JPG
    DSCN8145.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 1,891

DSGB

Looking good! Don't know when/if I'll make another trip this year. Got deer hunting on my mind.

I bet the water's up a good bit today!

Who knows what them fellas were up to. Had some teenagers camping under the bridge one time when we put in. :bounce:

fish hawk

Bass Master
Looking good! Don't know when/if I'll make another trip this year. Got deer hunting on my mind.

I bet the water's up a good bit today!

Who knows what them fellas were up to. Had some teenagers camping under the bridge one time when we put in. :bounce:

I can handle the teenagers.I make them help me carry my kayak up the hill:bounce:It's the nervous acting deliverance types that worry me. Oh and the guy I paddled up on last year halfway up the creek that was pleasuring himself facepalm:Those kayaks are quite!!!
My buddy told me he had 3 1/2 inches of rain in his gauge so yea it's blown out.

fish hawk

Bass Master
Made it back to the creek today.I figured if I wanted to go I better do it before the front comes thru tonight bringing the 20 mph winds.I caught some crappie on a 4in lizard.I was beating myself up for not bringing my crappie rod and some curly tail grubs.

Attachments

• DSCN8168.JPG
    DSCN8168.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,824
  • DSCN8173.JPG
    DSCN8173.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 1,789
  • DSCN8171.JPG
    DSCN8171.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 1,825
  • DSCN8167.JPG
    DSCN8167.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 1,827
  • DSCN8192.JPG
    DSCN8192.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,817

fish hawk

Bass Master
Beautiful day and was great to get out.Sholies,largemout and crappie....Not too bad.

Attachments

• DSCN8199.JPG
    DSCN8199.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,814
  • DSCN8185.JPG
    DSCN8185.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 1,826
  • DSCN8188.JPG
    DSCN8188.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 1,832
  • DSCN8180.JPG
    DSCN8180.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 1,820

fish hawk

Bass Master
dont let the old man fool yall, i showed him MOST of my secret spots!

:p Get out of them woods and I'll show you how to call your own shots on the creek........I know most them shoalies by name.:bounce:I taught you pretty good but you still cant beat the old man.:whip:

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Wow, what a awesome fishery !!! What's the average water depth ??