.50 Cal basic load

Kanook

Get yourself a Lee REAL (rifling engraved at loading) mould and some pure lead and make your own. It's not hard to do at all and is very satisfying when done.

Stroker

The Power Belts are a solid lead projectile coated with copper. My old CVA Lighting Bolt has taken probably 30+ deer in 20 years. Two 50 grain Pyrodex pellets and a 295 grain Power Belt HP has never failed to exit,never had a deer go more than 50 yards,many DRT. This load will shoot a 1-2 inch group@100 yards for the first 3 shots, plenty for deer out to 150-175 yards. For the one week of black powder season where 90% of my shots are 100 yards or less this load is simple, effective, and works for me.

ALB

I stopped using the Power Belts because I couldn't keep a group and I lost a deer with them. Knocked here down but got up and ran with little blood. never found her.
Now use a .44 with sabots. 2 50gr pellets.

merc123

I just sighted in mine with 200 grain T/C shockwaves with 100 grains of 777 pellets. The 250 grain (black sabot) only shot about an inch lower at 100 yards so I know I can interchange. The 295 powerbelts with 100 and 150 grains of pellets shot about 2 feet low at 100 yards.

Latest posts