Big Gwinnett buck, my best Georgia buck yet!

JoeKnowsBows

Thanks again and good luck to all you guys the rest of the season!
I'm still enjoying trying to fill my second buck tag in Georgia and hunting with my son. Hopefully something new shows up as I've got nothing to shoot on camera right now. Hopefully it gets cold and rains soon to!

JoeKnowsBows

So proud of my son Preston Anderson for becoming the young man he is!

He made a great 90yd shot on this huge Illinois doe last Saturday knowing his muzzleloader had one shot and no way to reload it as I left the ramrod in the box blind we had hunted that morning.

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 660

Bucaramus

Congrats on a fine Georgia buck. The Midwest whitetails as well. Kudos to your son on a fine doe. Good shot! I don't know if Joe Knows Bows but he evidently knows big whitetails!!

JoeKnowsBows

Congrats on a fine Georgia buck. The Midwest whitetails as well. Kudos to your son on a fine doe. Good shot! I don't know if Joe Knows Bows but he evidently knows big whitetails!!

Thanks and I've spent a lifetime in the woods now, that helps me I'm sure.

Anyone know when the GON scoring event in Madison is?
I'm thinking late February sometime.

bilgerat

Senior
Congrats on a great season, this is from the GON web page
Any hunter with a buck entered in this season’s contest is invited to have the rack officially scored either in Tifton on Feb. 25 or in Madison on March 11. During both dates, racks can be dropped off from 9 a.m. until noon. No racks will be accepted after the noon deadline. All racks must be picked up at a time specified the day of the event, likely between 1-3 p.m. It is impossible to give racks back in any order based on when they were dropped off. Also, we absolutely cannot accommodate special circumstances and usher a rack through more quickly. Plan on it taking most of the day. Please bring patience

JoeKnowsBows

I'll definitely be going to Madison to have mine scored. Gonna burn the day crappy fishing on Oconee waiting on scoring to end. I'm really glad the Madison event isn't on the 25th, I'm gonna be watching supercross at the Dome with my family.

Congrats on a great season, this is from the GON web page
Any hunter with a buck entered in this season’s contest is invited to have the rack officially scored either in Tifton on Feb. 25 or in Madison on March 11. During both dates, racks can be dropped off from 9 a.m. until noon. No racks will be accepted after the noon deadline. All racks must be picked up at a time specified the day of the event, likely between 1-3 p.m. It is impossible to give racks back in any order based on when they were dropped off. Also, we absolutely cannot accommodate special circumstances and usher a rack through more quickly. Plan on it taking most of the day. Please bring patience

95g atl

Great deer!!! Don't give away Gwinnett county secrets!! :)

SHHHHHHH.......!
There biggest GA deer I had ever seen was in Suwanee. The 2nd biggest was in.......Suwanee.
Low hunting pressure, lots of food, grows them big.

Congrats man…..I love hearing about / seeing about big Gwinnett Co. Deer……I know Gwinnett has been super developed over the years but it’s still got really good deer roaming its woods!

Indeed it has! They started developing 30 acres across the street from my place. That housed some of the best deer I've seen. Thought that the development would push the deer more onto my property. We shall see.